Saturday, October 24, 2020

Poppystamps Spooky Boo!

Hi friends! I hope you're having a great day! I'm getting excited as Halloween is getting closer! We spent last weekend dressing up the house with bales of hay, corn stalks, indian corn, pumpkins and colorful gourds. A trip to the local farm stand is always a feast for the eyes! It's been hard for all of us staying home in an effort to beat COVID. It's been even harder trying to find places to go where you won't be around too many people. Here's a peek from our escape..
There are some benefits to living in rural Indiana! How could I not come home with a trunk full? I hardly knew where to begin!!
Today I'm mixing a little old with the new. Maybe you see an old favorite on my design? It's the Diamond Background die. Yes! It's still available and as beautiful as ever. It's one of the very first dies I purchased from Poppystamps! I inlaid the entire panel with shades of yellow and orange for a fun harlequin pattern.

I topped the clean smooth panel with the new Boo Outline die cut from grey and black card stock. 

All that was left was to tuck little skeletons cut from the Surprise Skeleton die behind the words. The die features the Surprise Skeleton inside an open circle. A few snips free's it from the circle so you're left with the top half of a complete skeleton. 

I love the contrast of the bright colorful background with the dark boo word cuts. The skeletons are glued loosely so they look like they might pop from the design! 

I hope you're making the most of the season and encourage you to take a ride in the car if you're feeling cooped up. The crisp air and colorful leaves will brighten you're mood!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies | Poppystamps Diamond Background, Surprise Skeleton, Boo Outline

POPPY = Poppystamps
SSS = Simon Says Stamp

Diamond Background
Diamond Background

POPPY | SSS
Surprise Skeleton
Surprise Skeleton

POPPY | SSS
Boo Outline
Boo Outline

POPPY | SSS

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love the skeletons popping up from the letters! This is fun Jeanne!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cute cute cute!