Sunday, October 4, 2020

Creep It Real

Can you believe it's October already? My neighborhood always goes all out for Halloween. I think there are as many decked out homes for Halloween here as you will find dressed up for Christmas. I'm adding a little at a time.. I've already got pumpkins and home grown gourds on the front porch. I'm hoping the weather holds up so we can take a trip to the farm stand soon for hay bales and corn stalks.
My favorite type of card uses a color block technique. This is usually just a panel made of strips of colorful card stock. This card starts with the background panel of aqua and green card stock. I cut the Twisted Oval tree from black card stock and then adhered it to a purple card stock oval. I trimmed the bottom portion of the purple oval before adhering it to the card base so the green "grass" strips show through the scene. 
I stamped the sentiment from Halloween Fun along the bottom edge of the card and added a Pointed Oval Frame around the Twisted Tree Oval. 
Now for the fun part.. EMBELLISHING! I added a Whittle Monster Mummy and Kitty, a Pile of Pumpkins and some Whittle Ghosts to finish the scene. So spooky right? You can customize your scene with any of the cute characters available in the Poppystamps Halloween Collection! 
I don't know if there will be trick or treating this year. I'm making sure to send some cards with a little "green" tucked inside to my favorite little haunts!




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Poppystamps Halloween Fun
Dies | Poppystamps Twisted Tree Oval, Whittle Ghosts, Pointed Oval Frames, Pile of Pumpkins, Whittle Monsters, Circle Basics

POPPY = Poppystamps
SSS = Simon Says Stamp

Whittle Monsters
Whittle Monsters

POPPY | SSS
Twisted Tree Oval
Twisted Tree Oval

POPPY | SSS
Whittle Ghosts
Whittle Ghosts

POPPY | SSS
Pile of Pumpkins
Pile of Pumpkins

POPPY | SSS
Halloween Fun
Halloween Fun

POPPY
Pointed Oval Frames
Pointed Oval Frames

POPPY | SSS
Memory Box Circle Basics
Memory Box Circle Basics

POPPY | SSS

3 comments:

Liz said...

Super card, Jeanne. I love your spooky scene. xx

Lisa Elton said...

Ha ha, what a fun sentiment, this is cute!

Kim Heggins said...

Too darn cute....love your spooky creation!