Friday, November 30, 2012

WMSC126 - Sent with Love

Happy Saturday!  I am hoping for a quiet weekend of catch up time (isn't that always my wish?)  It seems like every time I get started on something there is an interruption lately!  I've been working on a few things behind the scenes and should have more exciting news for you soon!  Don't you just love a secret?  Me neither!  Ahhh.. we will both have to wait... but soon ... I promise!!
In my typical Saturday morning fashion I will be checking for the new sketch and winners at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog.   Well how do you like this beauty of a design from our very own Chupa?  I love her style and great use of color - I always feel happy after I leave her blog Random Acts of Creativity and I am totally loving this sketch!  Since it's December 1st I wanted to ring in the month with a Christmas card.  I tried to CASE Chupa a bit and use lots of color on this one - and of course lots of little accents and embellishments for our viewing pleasure!  Here's some close ups!


This was my first time using this set that I got a while back.  It was lots of fun piecing together the lid and the jar as well as stamping the little sentiment inside the tag!   I couldn't resist adding that bitty reindeer - it's from the ornament in the 2011Holiday Ornaments  set.  I just taped off the image inked it up and then removed the tape before stamping.

I hope you find some quiet time too this weekend and that I will see you at WMSC!  Be good!

Jeanne


2011 Holiday OrnamentsCandy Jar Christmas - FillersJar Fillers - Jam Packed
Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5" x 7"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse 2011 Holiday Ornaments, Candy Jar Christmas, Jar Fillers Jam Packed, Candy Jar Christmas Fillers
Pattern Paper:  Basic Grey Fact 12 x 12" Pad Collection
Card Stock:  Stampin Up Pool Party, Papertrey Ink:  Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy
Dies:  Spellbinder Classic Circles, Classic Inverted Scalloped Circles
Ribbon/Fibers: Twinery Maraschino, 1/2 Lace Crochet, 5/8" Organic Cotton Stripe Sky Blue May Arts Ribbon Reel, 1/8" Red Satin
Ink:  Stampin Up!  Real Red, Pool Party, Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Tumbled Glass, Antique Linen
Extras:  Button, Gem, Pins: The Ribbon Reel, Poinsettia Recollections (Michaels)
Corner Chomper 1/8" 1/2"

1 1/2" Circle Punch EK Success

14 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card love the image and the layout and colours are beautiful. Caroline xxx

Cathy Weber said...

There you go again Jeanne...coming up with all kinds of little doo-dads to jazz up your card. NEVER would have thought to add that lace,twine and ribbon combo at the bottom of your focal point panel. How cute with the poinsettia, so sparkly and glittery. The cute little reindeer tab at the top also adds lots of interest and really balances the other circle stamp. Great idea.

Maria said...

What a sweet Christmas card! Love all the aqua and red! Sweet little poinsettia and reindeer! The jar and papers used are are so pretty! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend, hugs!

Joyce said...

Sweet and gorgeous, just what I always love to see on your blog. Great mix of products combined, and I do love your color scheme. Can't wait to see your secret revealed. Any hints?

Deborah Frings said...

What a wonderfully bright and cheerful Christmas card! Love the ribbon and lace time and the little poinsettia, pin and bow! Your cards rock!

Zurainny Ismail said...

Wow, I love how you mix and match - so resourceful! And the result is splendid!

The Paper Parade said...

This is SO cool, Jeanne! I love that sparkly poinsettia with the blue leaf pins, but that little reindeer tag is just the cutest!

Vickie Z said...

Well...I love the colors, lace with ribbon, twine, stickpins!! Fabulous use of the sketch and stamps....perfect channeling of Chupa!!

Lisa Minckler said...

I think I'm in a semi-hypnotic state here...LOL...WOW..the colors!! These are CRAZY cool combinations of colors and patterns and they couldn't be more FUN! Feels like I'm in a candy store and surrounded by everything WONDERFUL as I look at it. :)
Terrific job Jeanne!
hugs,
Lisa xx
Ohhh...do we have a special holiday outfit picked out for the pup yet???

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...just so beautiful and all of those fabulous little details that make your card so amazing! That background paper is so perfect for this!

Sharron said...

Oh, a secret--you're a little stinker making us wait. Can't wait to find out what's up your sleeve! Love the colors you've chosen for your fantastic card. Plus there are all the fabulous details--the ribbon & lace, the glittery poinsettia, the cool stick pins and that sweet little reindeer accent!

Marybeth said...

Its gorgeous! I love paper piecing and you did a great job on this one. I like how you have been showing the picture of what you used. Your bow is gorgeous and love the poinsettia button. I don't keep secrets very well as you know.

Suzanne said...

Jeanne, this is utterly amazing! I love the paper and all the lil details. Great take on the sketch!

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Jeanne! Love the ribbons with the cute button and all the fab details! Just gorgeous! Hugs