Friday, November 9, 2012

WMSC#123 Oak Leaves

Hey it's time for another Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!  I told you it was going to be great - here's another one from the Mischief Makers!  This time it's Lenet Mos from To Scrap or Not to Scrap - That is the Question! with this fab design!  Another great one for showing off your fave WM Stamps.
Today is my 28th wedding anniversary!  Yes I got married very young - like when I was 12 - just kidding!!  We will be working on some projects around the house and probably go out to dinner tonight.   Instead of buying each other gifts we usually get something for the house that we can all enjoy - this year it is the floor and wainscoting.  Our Anniversary dinner is usually Kentucky Fried Chicken - I know that sounds crazy - but it is a throwback to our very first anniversary - I was still in college - and KFC was all we could afford.  Obviously we married for love!  One year I spent my anniversary in labor with my son - his birthday is tomorrow!
I used a big fancy label from Vintage Labels 18 and cut out the center with a circle die (a punch would be just as good) to make it look like a frame with an open window.   The oak leaves are stamped in Momento Rich Cocoa and colored with Copic markers.  I adhered them with pop dots for some dimension and added my sentiment using a bitty clothes pin.  I am hooked on these little embellishments lately and always trying to sneak one in!   I think this is my very first card in chocolate!

I hope you find some time to play this week !
Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  5" x 7"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse:  Vintage Leaves 18, Peace and Plenty
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Polynesian Sails, Spellbinder Labels 18, Standard Circles, Nested Lacy Pennants
Copic Markers:  Leaves Y23 Y26, YR15, R5, Acorn YR27, YR21, Caps E55, E57. Shade E81
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon 9 to 5 Collection 8" Pad
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate, Stampers Select White, Vintage Cream
Border Punch Ek Success Zig Zag Stitch
Hug Snug Seam Binding Fig Beige
Brown Button Thread Mary Arts - Waltzingmouse
Ink:  Stampin Up! More Mustard, Momento Rich Cocoa, Versafine Onyx Black

12 comments:

Pauline said...

This is a beautiful anniversary card Jeanne! I love the autumnal colours and the fancy frame, just gorgeous!

Caroline said...

What a beautiful anniversary card I love the layout and the colours are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

The Paper Parade said...

Oh my Jeanne! This card is so warm and cozy, I just love the colors and that mini clothespin is the perfect touch :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne, fantastic as always. I love the frame and the little clothes pin. Have a great day.

Joyce said...

Happy Anniversary. I hope you have a wonderful day. Your card is lovely, as always. I really like how your have layered all those die cuts.

Kim Heggins said...

Happy Anniversary to you two! Your card is so pretty and as usual your bow is a stunner! The colors are so beautiful and so perfect for Thanksgiving.

Deborah Frings said...

Belated Anniversary greetings - hope you had a great day. I love, love this Thanksgiving card. The oak leaves and acorns are beautifully coloured and framed so nicely on the label and doily. Great card!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous....you KNOW I LOVE all those bright colors!! Ahhh...28...fabulous!!! Should you be on the reality show about teen moms....seriously just teasing....(don't want anyone to misunderstand)......

Sharron said...

Hope you had a fantastic weekend with your anniversary and your son's birthday to celebrate! Love your wonderful autumn card--great colors and beautiful bow!

Marybeth said...

Hope you had a wonderful Anniversary Jeanne. Happy Anniversary! I got married when I was 12 as well…:)
Your card is gorgeous and I love the center fall leave and acorns. The die and bow are beautiful! Happy late birthday to your son ! We do the same buy something that will be for the house. Love your KFC story how romantic. My husband would love it if we did that.
sorry I am so late commenting.

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

What a gorgeous card! Love it love it! :-)

Anne-Elise said...

Happy belated Anniversary, Jeanne! Your card is gorgeous! Love the colors, the beautiful stamps, the die cuts and the great bow! Have a nice weekend! Hugs