Sunday, November 11, 2012

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger - Fantasy in Fall

 
Do you dream in cards?  I know it sounds crazy but sometimes I think I do.  I go to bed and unravel the threads of the day and sometimes ideas just creep in there.  I've been milling over this inspiration photo from Moxie Fab - its the Tuesday Trigger.  I knew I wanted to do something with lots and lots of those pretty rolled roses, but had to think of a way to make it come together.  I played around with wreathes and branches as well as different ways to get those bittersweet berries in the design but it just wasn't coming together for  me.   I almost decided to just skip it  - rather than fight it I could wait for the next challenge right?  And then this idea came to me.  I am really happy with the end result and I hope it is Moxie Fabulous!

I tucked in a few die cut leaves, and fr the sprinkle of berries I added pearls and gems in red orange and yellows.  The pretty sentiment is a Serendipity Stamp that I fussy cut.  The background is a lattice die cut on some distressed looking paper by Authentique.  I was originally going to emboss the background and distress with ink but this looks so much cleaner.

The weather is unseasonably warm here in the Midwest - I hope you have a beautiful day too wherever you are!  And oh yes... I hope you find some time to  play!!

Jeanne

Supplies Used: 
Stamp:  Serendipity Stamps Happy Thanksgiving
Dies:   Cheery Lynn Olive Branches, French Lattice Small Frame, Memory Box Pinwheel Posie, Small Pinwheel Posie
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Red Gems Paper Studio, Tangerine Assortment Mini Pearls Doodlebug
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink Antique Linen, Stampin Up More Mustard, Wild Wasabi, Raspberry Ripple, Chocolate Chip, Garden Green
Pattern Paper:  Authentique Thankful Collection 6x6 pad

16 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

I was so impressed with your card when I came to your blog, but then I gasped when I looked at the Tuesday Trigger. Outstanding job on this challenge--LOVE it! Your card is just gorgeous.

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous I love the flowers and the colours are beautiful. Caroline xxx

Kara said...

This....is gorgeous!! WOW!! So pretty!!

Joyce said...

Definitely Moxie Fab! This card is just gorgeous. I love all the gems and rolled flowers. It is elegant and festive.

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely adore your take on the inspiration photo! Stunning!

Pauline said...

This is just gorgeous Jeanne, what a perfect take on the inspiration pic, I love the die cut background, beads and beautiful rolled roses. Outstanding!

Christina said...

Those are some gorgeous rolled blooms! Perfect take on the Trigger!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Stunning - your card is just breathtaking! Yes, I do dream cards - but I don't think I've ever had one turn out quite this spectacular! Hugs!!

Vickie Z said...

Ohhh....fabulous Missy!! Love all the rolled roses and background is perfect! Yes, sometimes I dream I cards....is that obsessed or just normal?!?!

Sharron said...

WOW--this definitely qualifies as Moxie Fab!! Love all the pretty rolled flowers and perfectly placed pearls!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is just amazingly beautiful. I am in love with all the sweet little pearls floating about the stunning flowers.

JJ Bolton said...

Wow! I've died and gone to rolled rose heaven! Just beautiful Jeanne! And I love how you fussy cut the sentiment out. Adds that little extra:)

Jinny Newlin said...

What an absolutely perfect take on the Trigger, Jeanne! You're rockin' these!

Marybeth said...

Jeanne!!!! This is STUNNING!!!! Oh my gosh I just love it! Truly, another work of art by... Jeanne! The rolled flowers are gorgeous.

nancy said...

This card is gorgeous. All of your details bring the trigger to life. Love the placement of the berries bling.

Unknown said...

Stunning! The rolled flowers are gorgeous, and all the little details just make this card quite fabulous!