Sunday, November 4, 2012

Welcome November!

If you've been following my blog then you know I've been working my way though this set of large oval month stamps from Serendipity.   Each stamp features little images perfectly suited to each month.  November is another beauty featuring wheat and a cornucopia filled with the bounty of the harvest.
I am in a purple mood lately - maybe it is withdrawl from Halloween - maybe it was the purple of the grapes on the stamp??  It's beyond my control -  I usually go with the flow and let things come together naturally.  I softened this one up with rounded edges and the scalloped border across the bottom.   These stamps are really beautiful for decorating not only calendar and scrapbook pages.  What a great way to just celebrate the month and the changing of the seasons?   The die cut behind the oval is from the Spellbinders Damask Accents set - I cut it twice and put one on either side of the fussy cut oval month image.
 
This one was lots of fun to make.  Once I've made it through all 12 months I will offer the cards as blog candy.  I hope you are enjoying them as much as I am!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 6" x 6"
Stamp:  Serendipity
Copic Markers
Ink:  Momento Rich Cocoa
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders Damask Motifs
Button Twine Natural May Arts
Border Punch  Double Embossed Dotted Lace EK Success
Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye 6x6" Pad A Beautiful Life Collection
Card stock:  Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Up! 
Ribbon 1" Purple Grosgrain
Corner Rounder We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper 1/4"
Button Papertrey Ink
Leaf Me & My Big Ideas

11 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card I love the colours very autumnal. Caroline xxx

Cathy Weber said...

Love all those layers...I always look forward to your monthly card with the calendar stamps, the twine looped bow was a great idea, fits really well with the Fall theme.

Kristi said...

So pretty! Love the berry color and orange together!

Lisa Minckler said...

You are almost done!! Only one more to go, but WOW, what a show it's been. I love that you used purple...it's okay you don't need to justify it to me, the more the MERRIER!!! Gorgeous creation my friend. Brought a smile to my face. :D see?
hugs,
Lisa xx

Jill Norwood said...

Love the beautiful autumn colors! So pretty!

Pauline said...

Beautiful Jeanne, I love the leafy die cuts, and the pretty lacy oval behind, great colours too.

Joyce said...

Wow--such a pretty card. I love all your layers, especially that spellbinders damask.

The Paper Parade said...

Your purple mood goes perfectly with this card :) I love how purple can be used for so many seasons! And I have been loving seeing your card with this stamp set each month :)

Renee said...

Gorgeous! Everything about this is gorgeous !

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous! You DO purple well....I'm working on becoming friends with it, LOL!! Love all the bright colors...I'm a bright color girl myself!

Sharron said...

Wonderful combo of colors--the purple and orange makes a fabulous fall card! Love the twine & button bow too. You do such a beautiful job with these monthly creations!