Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Serendipity Stamps Challenge - One Layer Card

All our fall celebrating seems like it is coming to a climax as we reach Thanksgiving.  We jump into Christmas so fast - there are Christmas decorations at the stores, and Christmas music on the radio.   I hope you take this week slow and enjoy being with friends and family.  Take some time to count your blessings and remember all that you are thankful for!  
Thanks for joining me today for the Serendipity Stamps Challenge.   Mary, the owner of Serendipity, was a real trixie this time and challenged the Design Team to come up with a one layer card - just ink and paper - no frills!  A few of us were going to start a protest, but decided to be good sports and give it a go.  I am so glad I did because I am so happy with how this card turned out!

This one was easy - and thankfully it doesn't look naked to me or it would be back to the drawing board!  I think it's all the color that I find so satisfying!  I centered the sentiment on the card and simply stamped the Japanese maple image in three different colors of ink.
I hope you will check out the creations the rest of the design team came up with.  I am sure it will be nothing short of amazing!  Simply click on their names below to jump to their blogs.



Helen Berry - Helen Berry Designs
Amy Cokley - So Amused
Sue Eldred - Sue's Creative Workshop
Jenny Gropp - One Krafty Kat
Miriam Napier - Miriam's Delirium
Pauline Pollington - Craft Obsession
Cathy Weber - Empty Nest Crafter

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a beautiful day.  And the sale of the week?  20% off all the stamps in the Thanksgiving category - sale ends November 28!

Jeanne

Autumn Is A Second SpringJapanese Maple
Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.5 x 6.25"
Stamps:  Serendipity Japanese Maple 404E, Autumn 1142E
Paper:  Papertrey Ink:  Stampers Select White
Ink:  Stampin' Up! More Mustard, Riding Hood Red, Momento Lulu Lavender, Versafine Onyx Black

10 comments:

Pauline said...

Gorgeous colours Jeanne, and such an elegant script! Beautiful autumnal card!

The Paper Parade said...

I just love the colors you chose to stamp the leaves in, Jeanne! Thanks for the advice on taking it slow and being thankful this week, you're so right that its easy to jump into Christmas mode and get stressed. I hope your Thanksgiving is special :)

Renee said...

I wondered how you would handle a one layer...*giggle*...
but OMGoodness it's simple gorgeous!!
Love the colorful leaves framing the beautiful sentiment...
it's perfect! :)
Happy Thanksgiving!

Amy Marie said...

Beautiful! Love your edge stamping!

Carole said...

Wow Jeanne,I love how the leaves lay off the edges of the card. Beautifully done and thanks so much for the visit.

Cathy Weber said...

It's official. You can do anything!!! A one layer card with only paper and ink and you make a knock out card anyone would love to make. Even crafters who like to bling it up would love this card. I love the colors, how you created your own frame for the sentiment using the positioning of the stamps, the beautiful leaves and sentiment are perfect for Fall. Love this!

Maria said...

Fabulous stamping with those leaves! Such a lovely border! Beautiful sentiment in the center! Hope you and family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Kim Heggins said...

I agree with Cathy...you can do anything and those leaves are just so stunning, they look like the ones on the tree in my front yard. Just amazing!!!

Miriam said...

One layer cards are so difficult and you aced it! Wish I had thought of it. Lovely leaves and sentiment too!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous... you certainly got hit with the one layer cards this week and you did Fabulously!!