Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pastel Christmas


I hope you are having a good day!  I can't believe Thanksgiving was already a week ago - time is flying again!  The weather is turning cold here - but I'm still catching site of  birds on the migration path - big groups of Sandhill Cranes whirling overhead (one of my favorite sounds), and groups of Robin stopping by for a dip in my heated bird bath!

The card I've made for today has been inspired by this photo by The Ribbon Reel, this sketch by Retro Sketches, and I'm entering it in at the Cheery Lynn Challenge Blog as well.  I'm just playing for fun so I hope they don't mind!  I think it's fun to mix challenges - sometimes you see an inspiration photo and just don't know where to start and a sketch is the perfect jump start! 

I am so happy I got to use some Washi in this one too!  I think it looks sweet peeking out from under that Cheery Lynn Die. 
Thanks for stopping by and find some time to play! 

Hugs!
Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5" x 7"
Stamp:  Waltzingmouse Around Christmas Time
Pattern Paper:  Pink Paislee London Market Collection "Royal Charm"
Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink:  Aqua Mist, Vintage Cream
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Polynesian Sailes Oval, Papertrey Ink In the Meadow, Leaf from Spellbinders Foliage 2
Washi Tape Music is Tim Holtz, Blue Stripe is Recollections (Michael's)
Roses The Ribbon Reel, Gems, Pearls
Button from Bazzil Bling, Rhinestone Swirl Recollections
Embossing Folder SIzzix Holly Swirls
1" Pink Velvet Ribbon
Border Punch EK Success ZIg Zag

17 comments:

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jeanne! Stunning in every way!

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous , love the pretty pink tree with the bling. I have never seen the washi tape used so elegantly!

Joyce said...


Gorgeous and elegant. You pulled off a pink Christmas tree--you go girl!

Caroline said...

This is stunning the colours and layout are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Kelly Griglione said...

What a sugary sweet Christmas card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous and elegant, what every girl needs is a pink Christmas tree!

Cathy Weber said...

Ahh, this is so pretty. I love that pink Christmas tree and that music washi tape is beautiful. Goes so well for any kind of Christmas card. Love all the bling not only on the tree, but the silver swirly on the side. Great card Jeanne.

Sandie said...

What a precious card, so nice to have you join in the challenge this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.

Holly Saveur said...

LOOOOOOOOVE this card so sweet and gorgeous!

Helen Berry said...

Stunning, beautiful, WOW!!!!! Jeanne this is so dreamy I just love it!! The tree heavy laden with baubles, the prettiest of die cuts, the sweet flowers - Yum, Yum, Yum ;) Thankyou so much for playing along with us at The Ribbon Reel! X x

Lisa Minckler said...

Without a doubt...sends chills up my spine...this is SO elegant. What a gorgeous design. I bow to you...

Jodi said...

Wow! sooo Stunning!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Jeanne! Love your pink tree, the beautiful flowers, the die cut and the fab bow! Have a great weekend! Hugs

xxxtglxxx said...

What a very striking and beautiful pastel christmas card! :) Love the layout and all the bling too!

Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Suzanne said...

Oh, I totally need to diecut some pink trees - awesome!!!

Oscar said...

Wow this is stunning Jeanne! The colours are just perfect for the challenge and I love the strips of washi tape peeking through. x

Wendy Coffman said...

Gorgeous - love the pink and touches of aqua!