Thursday, November 8, 2012

CASE #116 - Aqua Folded Flowers

Are you ready for your weekly dose of inspiration? I always look forward to seeing what CASE Study has to offer! This month's muse is Angeline Yong and it doesn't matter if your style is Clean and Simple or Fussy Layered - you will be inspired! Check out the design this week.
I was struck by the simplicity of the design - lots of negative space with a splash of color, a little bit of bling and those fab distressed edges. Clean and simple perfection right? I put my own twist on this design by amping up the color with an aqua blue embossed base, swirly gold foil leaves and bitty folded flowers with brad centers. The tutorial for the folded flowers can be found here. All you need is a circle punch. I added a big bold sentiment across the top and distressed the card with pearlescent chalk. Totally different isn't it? But I think you can see the inspiration and I can't wait to see how the design inspires YOU!
I hope I see you over at CASE Study!  The sponsor this week is Clearly Besotted Stamps and they will be offering 2 different stamp sets to the winner!  Thanks for having a look - I hope you find some time to play this week!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5" x 7"
Stamp:  Serendipity Thank You II Horizontal
Card Stock: Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist, Kraft
Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye 6" x 6" Pad - Reunion Collection
Gold Paper:  AC Specialty Foil
Die:  Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish
Pebbles Pearlescent Chalk
Versafine Onyx Black
Brads:  Basic Gray
Sizzix Texturz Embossing Plate:  Diamonds
Circle Punches 3/4" & 1"

11 comments:

Joyce said...

This is just perfect. It is so YOU! I love how you turned that inspiration card into something totally your own. Those folded flowers are amazing, and I love your gold leaves.

dj said...

what adorable paper flowers....sweetness!!

www.CardsPaperAndScrapbooks.com

Caroline said...

Beautiful card I love the flowers. Caroline xxx

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Jeanne! I love that turquoise card, and the beautiful folded flowers.

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous Jeanne! Beautiful colors too!

Marlena M. said...

This is over the top gorgeous/unique Jeanne!!!

Lisa Minckler said...

My eyeballs are bugged out and my tongue is dragging on the floor...this is gorgeous!! Have to check it out some more.
Happy Friday...
Lisa xx

Holly Saveur said...

STUNNING card!
Went to see your tutorial about the flowers..and got my cicle punch and made one..but WOW this takes it a step further ..maybe my paper was to thick ..well for these tiny flowers for sure!(used Tilda paper)
Thanks!
Holly.

Lea L. said...

This is really pretty! I love those flowers!!

Sharron said...

I just love the simplicity of this design and how you dressed it up and made it your own with the gorgeous gold flourish and your wonderful folded flowers!!

JJ Bolton said...

Such a beautiful take on the inspiration card! Your folded flowers is just the perfect detail! I love how you were inspired by Angeline's card but you still kept it "Jeanne":)