Monday, November 12, 2012

Paper Sweeties November Release Day 1 - Angel

Hi and Welcome!  For the next four days (November 13 - 16) the Paper Sweeties design team will be showing you some previews of the new Paper Sweeties sets that will be released on Thursday, November 15.  Debbie came up with lots of fabulous sets that are perfect for celebrating the holidays.  Today I'm using a new set called "Christmas Blessings" featuring an angel costume for any of the Sweeties girls, and some sentiments. 
To get the halo on Abigail's pretty little head I put a piece of tape over the bow in her hair on the stamp before I inked it up.  Then I removed the tape and stamped it - magic -  the bow doesn't show up!  Next I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to perfectly place the halo.  The sandals are from the "Mahalo!" set.  I stamped them right on top of her feet so no fussy cutting was necessary.  I colored her angel outfit with only one color Copic using long brush strokes to blend into the mostly white outfit.

I  hope you will hop on over to the other DT member blogs to get a peek at the new releases. Just click on their names below and you're there!

Debbie Marcinkiewicz (Creator of Paper Sweeties) - Simple Treasures
Char Cundy - Expressions of Me
Andrea Ewen - Ewen Style
Pattie Goldman - Paper Silhouettes
Jinny Newlin - Soaring
Have a great day and stop by tomorrow for more new releases!

Jeanne
Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5" x 7"
Stamps:  PS-A Abigail, PS-41 Christmas Blessings, PS-9 Mahalo!
Paper:  K&CO Peppermint Twist
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select White, Stampin' Up! Pretty in Pink
Dies;  Cheery Lynn Manon's Wedding, Spellbinder Back to Basics Tags, Petite Ovals
Markers:  Copics
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black
Ribbons Silver Lame Cord, 7/8" Pink Grosgrain, 1.5" Wire Edge Silver Ribbon Kirkland/Costco
Eyelet, Pink Heart Crystal Gem

11 comments:

Caroline said...

Beautiful card I love the angel. Caroline xxx

Pauline said...

Aww she's gorgeous Jeanne! I love the pink shading and the fab papers and grosgrain bow!

Jinny Newlin said...

Ever so sweet, Jeanne! LOVE all the pink, especially the bit of shading! I used this outfit for our next sketch challenge. Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! I love how you colored the dress and the frame, so pretty!! LOVE!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

She is adorable and your colouring amazing, love the frame die and that fantastic tag! Aack!

Miriam Prantner said...

Just so sweet! Loving all the pink!

Marybeth said...

Awww this is really sweet , Jeanne! Love the new angel and the way you shaded her …nice work. I just used my stamp a ma jig the other day… Love the new dies you used and that little tag is just adorable. Now on to the cards I missed.

Andrea Ewen said...

What a beautiful card, Jeanne...love the pink accents, that glorious bow and the lovely frame around that little sweetie!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

This is a very pretty card, Jeanne! I love the oval die! Thanks for your kind words. Enjoy your day :-)

Debbie said...

Well, you had me at PINK! This card is simply beautiful ... Abigail makes the most adorable angel and I adore how you colored her white gown with a pink copic! Gor-jus :)

Maria said...

Darling Abigail angel image! Love all the pink!