Thursday, November 1, 2012

CASE Study #115 - Season's Greetings

Halloween was yesterday so NO TRICKS!!!  I have some seriously exciting news to share today!  I am joining the design team at CASE Study!  Since I started blogging, CASE has been one of my favorite places to play -  so this is dream come true for me!  I am so happy for this opportunity to work with some of my favorite designers!
I know I always say this, but CASE really has helped me grow creatively.  I am always inspired by the muse of the month and I enjoy getting to see so many different styles and takes on the inspiration photo.  The muse this month is Angeline Yong of The Creation of Creativity blog.  Angeline has a really clean graphic style and I know she's going to blow you away this month.  She has certainly got me to rethink how I approach projects!
I thought this card was perfect as is.  I love the layers of color, the simple sentiment, and the clean die cut images.  I kept true to Angeline's design turning this into a Christmas card.  Instead of using solid colors I used patterned papers with the same color theme - red.  I kept my sentiment simple and added solid die cuts.  The great thing about CASE is that you might be inspired by some different elements from the inspiration photo - like the stripes, or the blues, or perhaps the flowers.  Either way it's ok - take it any direction you like!   
I can't wait to see what you come up with and I hope you will join me at CASE Study for a little weekly inspiration!

Jeanne

Supplies Used: Finished Size 5"x 7"
Stamp:  AMuse Studio Winter Wood
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon Holiday Style Collection 8x8" Pad
Card Stock Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy, Kraft, Stampin' Up! Gumball Green, Gold AC Specialty
Die:  Impression Obsession Pine Branch, Spellbinders 2012 Heirloom Ornaments
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug Argyle
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

12 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card I love the design and the traditional colours are fabulous. Caroline xxx

Helen Berry said...

Yay CONGRATS Jeanne on becoming a member of the CASE study team - you will be such an asset!! Love your beautiful Christmas card - gorgeous red patterned papers and that amazing gold ornament - so, so pretty. Wonderful take on this weeks card too x

Marybeth said...

I am so happy for you Jeanne! You will be wonderful on the DT. This card is gorgeous and I love the pine branch die and the way you have used it. ( I made something for the 12 kits kinda the same idea) you can see later.
CONGRATS ..again !

Tracey McNeely said...

Congratulations Jeanne, you are going to be a fabulous addition to the Design Team! Your card today is gorgeous, love the pine boughs.

Cathy Weber said...

Congratulations Jeanne...so well deserved, I have always loved seeing how you interpret the CASE card of the week. You are going to really be a great addition to their team. You had such a great idea to use the strips in different red patterns on this one...love the pine branch (just ordered it myself yesterday) It looks so pretty with the beautiful ornament in gold.

Joyce said...

Congratulations on your new post. I'm so happy for you, and I know that you will do a fantastic job, and have fun, too. I love your interpretation of this sketch. Very clever to go with a monochromatic theme, and use patterned papers.

Vickie Z said...

Woot, woot Missy!! Congrats to you! Love your interpretation of the sketch! That gold ornament is wonderful!

Sharron said...

Wonderful news--I'm so happy for you! You will be such as asset to the Case Study team. Fabulous idea to use all reds with all the cool patterns. Love the pine branch (mine just arrived in my last order) and the gold ornament is gorgeous! Have lots of fun in your new venture!

anya said...

That is *fabulous* news, Jeanne! Congratulations!

Anne-Elise said...

Congratulations, Jeanne! Fabulous news and card too! Love your work! Hugs

Lisa Minckler said...

WOO HOOOO!!! Congratulations to you. I don't know how you find the time but this is terrific. I love CASE study and haven't been there for some time (shame on me!) but I'm soooo happy for you that you've found the perfect nitch. I can't wait to see what you do!
hugs,
Lisa xx

Marlena M. said...

Congratulations~you're a perfect fit!
Lovely card Jeanne, beautiful elegance~