Friday, November 23, 2012

Geese in Flight

I hope you all had a beautiful Thanksgiving!  I don't know about you, but I could use a rest.  I think we will be eating left overs for a week!   I just got this stamp a week ago and couldn't wait to color it up!  I love the natural setting and the motion of the geese in flight. 

I wanted to make a masculine card for my dad who always finds time to look at the birds!  He doesn't always know their names, but he always tries to describe them to me - either their unusual color, shape, or silly antics at the bird feeder.  I know he will love these geese - they are very common here in the Midwest and always a sight to see!
 
Are you addicted to washi too?  I just had to add a little stripe of color here and some red washi was jus the thing!  I hope you have a great day!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 6" x 6"
Stamps:  Serendipity Geese
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon Sarsaparilla Collection 8" x 8" Pad
Card stock: Papertrey Ink Enchanted Evening, Stampin Up! Very Vanilla
Dies:  Spellbinders Creative Page Tabs
Border Punch:  EK Success Binding Edge, Martha Stewart Zig Zag Stitch
Corner Chomper Ticket Stub We R Memory Keepers
Button Twine May Arts - Natural
Momento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
Copic Markers
Misc. Metal Button, Brown Button, Washi Tape

8 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card the image is fabulous as is your layout. Caroline xxx

Anne-Elise said...

What a great masculine card, Jeanne! Love all the fab details! Hugs

Cathy Weber said...

What beautiful coloring again Jeanne...the water looks so realistic! Your geese are shaded perfectly and what a good job with the photo edge corners, the neat little tab that says Dad and the pop of color from the washi tape. Your dad will love this!

Kim Heggins said...

Just so beautiful...I love your geese and you did an amazing job coloring them too. But that is not new.

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a fantastic, guy card, Jeanne! LOVE those papers!

Marybeth said...

Hi Jeanne ! This is beautiful and if it's for your dad bet he loves it. Beautifuly colored! The map paper and splash of color from the tape look wonderful.

Pauline said...

This is lovely ,Jeanne, your dad will love this, it's so thoughtful of you to include something he enjoys on his card!
I'm missing visiting all my fave blogs at the moment, I started my new job 3 weeks ago, and the routine is all different!

nwilliams6 said...

This is wonderful! I love the image and colors, and your layout is stunning. I think I love everything about this card!