Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bringing Home The Tree

I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving! I cooked a big bird with all the fixings and had family over to help eat it all. We played cards well into the night even though I felt like just laying on the couch! Binker got her stitches out over the weekend so I am starting to walk again - she and I both need to get back into shape after all that feasting!! 

I think it's ok now to start thinking Christmas and making spirits bright and all that!  How do you like this image from Serendipity?  The wood mounted version is on special for 50% off right now!  I colored it up with Copic markers.  I loved the green in the tree so I had to carry it outside the image.  I fussy cut a green matt just a little bigger than the image label to frame it.
The bow is made with wired ribbon which makes it so much easier to shape.  I topped that with a little twine and some floral berries that I picked up at Joann.  Everything is hot glued together so it all stays put.

Thanks for having a look and have a great day!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5" x 7"
Stamp:  Serendipity Bringing Home the Tree, Happy Holidays
Markers:  Copic
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon Holiday Style Collection 8" x 8" Pad
Card Stock:  Stampin' Up! Garden Green, Midnight Muse, Papertrey Ink:  Stampers Select White
Border Punch EK Success Zig Zag Stitch
Ink:  Momento Rich Cocoa, Versafine Vintage Sepia
Divine Twine Holiday
1  1/2" Moss Wired Ribbon By Pure Color (Hobby Lobby)
Dies:  Spellbinder Jar Labels
Extras:  Buttons, Faux Berries

9 comments:

Carole said...

Hi Jeanne, what a great card and I LOVE your fabulous bow. Thanks so much for your lovely comment, it is so appreciated. Carole xox

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne, you are the most amazing 'bow maker'. Just perfect, wonderful card.

Joyce said...

What a great card. I feel like I can actually smell that tree.

Caroline said...

I love this card the image is fabulous as is the design. Caroline xxx

Marybeth said...

Wow … what a bow! I love this stamp and can picture my dad doing this as a boy. Love all the green tones and the perfectly colored stamp!

Cathy Weber said...

Jeanne, Jeanne, Jeanne, look at that coloring. Warren never looked that happy dragging home any of our trees, but this is a perfect "Life" Magazine card. The beautiful bow is so pretty and the red berries with the button and twine adds just a little pop of color against the bow.

Lisa Minckler said...

I feel terrible I haven't been here in a bit, but now that I am...WOW...I'm filled with inspiration and smiles. ALL of your cards continue to be the most precious and perfect masterpieces. I love how your brain works and the talent you display with every post!!
Huge hugs to you,
Lisa xx

JJ Bolton said...

What a wonderfully vibrant Christmas card! That green just jumps off the page! I love that holiday twine:)

Christina said...

You always make the most gorgeous bows, and that green is scrumptious! Beautiful coloring, too, my friend. :)