Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Serendipity Stamps Blog Challenge - Christmas Chapel

Hi!  I hope you're having a great day!  Halloween is behind us, the weather is turning cold and it's time to turn our thoughts to the holidays - family get togethers, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It will be here before you know it! 


For a little holiday inspiration, the  Serendipity Blog Challenge for the design team this time is an photo taken by Serendipity DT alumni Holly Craft.  I was inspired by the church themed bird house surrounded by poinsettias and winter greenery!  I immediately thought of the Christmas Chapel scene.  I stamped it with Versafine Onyx Black and kept it clean of any coloring to keep all the beautiful detail of the image.  I framed it with wintry blue paper and embellished with die cut pine and a poinsettia like the photo.   The frame is popped up on dimensional dots to give the look of a window. I thought the pine needle die cuts were a little "flat" so I embossed them to add a bit of texture.  The poinsettia is a pre made mulberry flower and I added a few red bead head pins that reminded me of holly berries.
Here's some close ups so you can see the detail.


Thanks for stopping by for a look - I hope you will check out designs by the other design team members.  Simply click on their names listed here to jump to their blogs.

Helen Berry - Helen Berry Designs
Amy Cokley - So Amused
Sue Eldred - Sue's Creative Workshop
Jenny Gropp - One Krafty Kat
Miriam Napier - Miriam's Delirium
Pauline Pollington - Craft Obsession
Cathy Weber - Empty Nest Crafter
This is a great time to start working on your Christmas cards!  The sale this week at Serendipity Stamps is buy 3 get the 4th one free now through November 14!

Jeanne

Christmas ChapelPeace Small

Supplies Used: Finished Size 6" x 6"
Stamps:  Serendipity Christmas Chapel, Peace
Pattern Paper:  My Mind Eye Merry 6" x 6" Pad
Card Stock:  Stampin' Up!  Baja Breeze, Gumball Green, White
Pins
Small Red Gardenia - iamroses.com
gold 7/8" Mesh Ribbon
Dies:  Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Frame 10, Spellbinders Fall Foliage, Labels 14
Embossing Folder Cuttlebug Cassie's Brocade

15 comments:

Joyce said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. It honestly looks like a work of art. I love how detailed that image is, and it looks beautiful without any coloring.

Caroline said...

This is stunning love the little scene and the layout and colours are beautiful. Caroline xxx

Amy Marie said...

Very pretty! You've done a great job drawing from the photo!

Lisa Minckler said...

What is it about your bows that make me want to squeal like a little girl? I'm so fortunate to work from home. Had I screamed in a cubicle like I just did, I'd be fired!
Your card is outstanding and YES, the texture to the leaves is PERFECT!!
hugs,
Lisa xx

Cathy Weber said...

Here you go again with a knock-out card, the beautiful chapel (love the back/white...I can do that!) Then you added all those great elements...how smart, seriously smart to emboss the branches. I am going to try that myself and that beautiful gold trim, stickpins and beautiful flower. Warm and elegant card, I loved it.

Helen Berry said...

Oh wow Jeanne, you've really made the beauty of that chapel stamp shine through! I think its so very pretty surrounded by all the beautiful colour and all your gorgeous trims *sigh* - feeling so festive now!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Jeanne, I love the dimension, texture and colours, it all makes for a fantastic card!

Miriam said...

Stunning work of art Jeanne! You really took time to make it elegant! Love all the little branches.

The Paper Parade said...

I love all the holly, Jeanne, and the cool textured bow. Even without color the chapel looks awesome 😊

Sharron said...

Beautiful take on the challenge photo, Jeanne! Love how you left the chapel image uncolored and used bright clear colors and texture to frame it. Your bow and flower are gorgeous!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne, this is so stunning! I have to agree with Joyce, this is a work of art. I love it that the image is not colored too, it has a vintage feel to it and then the burst of color at the top corner, just beautiful.

Peanut said...

Truly delightful number...love the simplicity of the art work. You didn't mess with it (I would have spilt colour all over!) ...and once again we have an elegant work of art! And before I forget: CONGRATS on your CASE study appointment! WooHoo! So happy for you, Jeanne!

hugs

Kelly Griglione said...

Brilliant idea to emboss the pine needles!! I had to take a second look and realized the embossing wasn't of a pine needle. Clever!

Marybeth said...

Just beautiful Jeanne! I love the embossed pine. Such a pretty framed picture ! Love that is was left uncolored… this stamp has so much detail.

Jill Norwood said...

This is such a beautiful card!!! I love the uncolored image among the beautiful colored papers and the gorgeous ribbon detail!