Monday, November 12, 2012

Retro Sketches #37 - Fall Blessings

It was a long busy weekend working on the home improvements and today was filled with lots of running around.  I finally sat down for a time out and made this card for Retro Sketches.  Check out this sketch - looks amazing so I had to give it a go!

This one was lots of fun - I got to play with a new pad of Authentique paper and mix all the patterns together.  I used some old Cuttlebug dies that have been out of sight, out of mind, and enjoyed blinging it up with pearls and gems - do you see a theme going here? 


 Thanks for having a look - and for keeping me on track!  Have a great day!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size: 6" x 6"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Peace and Plenty
Pattern Paper:  Authentique Thankful Collection  6" x 6" pad
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate
Die Cuts:  Cuttlebug 2x2 Leaf Dies
Border Punch:  EK Success ZIg Zag Stitch
Gems Paper Studio  - Mini Pearls Doodle Bug Tangerine
Button Twine May Arts Natural
Velvet Ribbon Red 3/8"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black,  Cats Eye Chalk Color Box Yellow Citrus, Berrylicious

11 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh, this is absolutely gorgeous. I love the rich fall color palette you used. And, your velvet bow is so elegant.

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow Jeanne, this is gorgeous. All of those patterned papers are beautiful.

Cathy Weber said...

Wow, the patterned papers are beautiful on this one Jeanne...love the rick rack edges and the sentiments in the corner with the scattering of pearls. Those pearls drew my eye all the way across the card.

JJ Bolton said...

This is just lovely Jeanne! I have so much trouble with fall colors, but you've done it perfectly! Love the mix of papers (which you do so well) and that luxurious velvet ribbon! Hope you're doing well!

Christina said...

Ooh, the textures and colors are so perfect for fall! So warm and cozy!

Marybeth said...

Its beautiful and I LOVE the new papers you used. Love the pearls and bling you added and placed just perfectly.

Vickie Z said...

These are fabulous papers...now, why don't I have them!?!? Love the zig zag borders, pearls, and leaves! Fabulous use of the sketch!

Marlena M. said...

I love how you worked this sketch Jeanne! Amazing texture and movement~

Lisa Minckler said...

THIS, I love, love, love, love, love!!! Dadgum Jeanne this is wonderful. Preservation of Autumn at its finest and incredibly professional looking as always!!
I've looked at all your other posts too, but I'm so far behind, I don't have time to comment on each one, but I will say that you astound me with your creativity and the delight I get each time I visit your blog leaves me almost speechless! Let's get real, this is me we're talking about! LOL!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa xx

Patrice said...

Great card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/11/52-card-pickup-week-46.html

Maria said...

Very pretty fall card...love those leaves!