Friday, November 16, 2012

WMSC #124 - Thanksgiving Tree

Happy Saturday!  We made it through the week!  It's time to grab a cuppa your favorite, and check the new Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!  It's still my Saturday routine and I love what I'm seeing!   I am always amazed with the designs and creations I find linked up every week!
The sketch this week is from Mischief Maker Karin Akesdotter of Peppermint Patty's Papercraft blog! I feel like I totally CASED Karin with this one. I saw this card on her blog a while back and even went so far as to print it out to CASE and today is the day! In fact, it might just be the card that the sketch is based on!  It's a gorgeous tropical beauty. The glittery frame reminds me of sparkly sand.   If I stare at it long enough maybe I can escape to some island paradise!!    Well here's my take ....  my Indiana reality - a fall wonderland!!! 
I inked up the leaves from "Blessed by You" and stamped them in alternating colors on patterned paper.  I cut a circle in the center to make a window, then cut out the circle doily with a circle in the center of that for a frame.  Inside the window I stamped the pretty willow tree on kraft.  This one is so pretty it doesn't need a bow or anything else! 

I hope this card puts you in the mood for fall and Thanksgiving!  Have a beautiful day and make something!  I can't wait to see it!!

Thanks

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 6" x 6"
Stamps Waltzingmouse Blessed by You, Peace & Plenty
Dies:  Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Doily Circles, Spellbinder Classic Circles
Paper:  October Afternoon Rocket Age 8x8 Pad
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink Terracotta Tile, Kraft
Ink:  Momento Cantaloupe, Tangelo, Morocco, Versafine Vintage Sepia, Onyx Black
Leaf Gem Michael's

10 comments:

Caroline said...

What a beautiful tree the layout and colours are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Kara said...

SO pretty!! Love all of those leaves. I'm in the mood for Thanksgiving for sure ;)

Maria said...

WOW!!! This is one gorgeous fall card! Love the tree and beautiful decorative fame around it! The background leaf paper is so pretty! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Julia Aston said...

I just love the background you stamped Jeanne! I don't think I have ever used this stamp.... shame on me!! Love the cut out framing your pretty tree!

Jill Norwood said...

Jeanne this is so pretty! I ended up using this same stamp set earlier today to make my blog party card! I keep finding more and more things to do with it! Stamps are just so fun!
Thanks for all of the gorgeous inspiration on your blog!
:) Jill

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous background stamping, love that frame with the tree inside!

Vickie Z said...

Those leaves look fabulous stamped on the polka dots. Love the willow!! Love that card of Karin's too!!

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning tree and that paper is just so beautiful. Love it!!!

Renee said...

That background is amazing...
OMGoodness just stunning!!
And that tree on the kraft...
yup!
That's Karin! :)
No one can use kraft like Karin...
she does amazing things with it and this is such a beautiful compliment to her! :)

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Jeanne! Love the bright background, the pretty image and the cute little charm. Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs