Monday, November 5, 2012

The Ribbon Reel Challenge #40 - Over the Rainbow

 Friday was awesome for me -  Cathy Weber from Empty Nest Crafter organized  a birthday blog hop just for me!  I can't tell you how surprised and honored I was!  My birthdays are usually very low key and no one makes a big fuss.... until this year!!!  I just about fell off my chair when I stumbled across one of the posts while checking some of my favorite sites.  They made so many beautiful cards and were so sweet I know I will remember this for the rest of my life.  Honestly they got one over on me because I had no idea!  I am so blessed and thankful for the beautiful friends I've made through crafting.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  We spent the weekend tearing out some ceramic flooring - I think I will be dusting for the next two months!  My job was sweeping up the broken tiles, and vacuuming up as much of the dirt and dust as possible.  My DH got the hard wood flooring down so I don't have to worry about dirt tracking everywhere.  Next weekend  I think we will tackle the wainscoting and then the next weekend all the molding and trim.  It seems like one project always leads to another.

Today I am playing along with The Ribbon Reel ChallengePauline Pollington picked this gorgeous photo as inspiration.  This is Pauline's last week on the Ribbon Reel Design Team - although I am sure you will still see her creations featured there regularly.  I hope you will wish her well - she is very talented and her designs are always stunning.  You are instructed to use all the colors of the rainbow and some ribbon and twine.  I made this clean looking cut out card Ribbon Reel style with rows and rows of ribbon and trims of all different kinds  - twill, stripes, pom  poms, satin,  grosgrain, and polka dots.


Have a great week!
Jeanne

Supplies Used:    Finished Size 6" x 6"
Stamp:  Serendipity
Die Cut:  Spellbinders Fanciful Flight
Card stock:  Papertrey Ink Stampers Select White, Hawaiian Shores

Ribbons:  Ribbon Reel
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

20 comments:

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous and very clever love the colours of the ribbon. Caroline xxx

Tracey McNeely said...

Jean this is fabulous, love the ribbons strips so vibrant behind the butterfly!

Pauline said...

Oh Jeanne this is just gorgeous! A true rainbow, in all these beautiful ribbons and Pom Pom trim! I love the elegant birthday script too, it may be a CAS design, but the colours and textures just jump off the card!
Happy birthday Jeanne, I hope you have/had a wonderful special day!

Helen Berry said...

Oh WOWEE!!!! Jeanne how gorgeous is this!!! Love this BEAUTIFUL butterfly and all the yummy colours of the rainbow in there too! The ribbon really does make a wonderful background - thanks so much for playing along with us at The Ribbon Reel ;) xx Big Hugs and Happy Birthday again x x x

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh you stinker...Happy belated 29th birthday to you!!! :)
Your butterfly card blew me away. You took that challenge and ran with it!!
hugs,
Lisa xx

Joyce said...

Wow--this is gorgeous. Not only do you have all the vibrant colors of the rainbow, but each ribbon is different and beautiful. I love the look of that butterfly as a negative die cut.

Marybeth said...

Wow this is so different for you and I LOVE It! Oh its just breathtaking the way you let the colors do the talking. Gorgeous, Jeanne! Beautiful birthday font! You will love the wood floors, so much easier to clean. I still have a lot of tile but love the wood.

Suzanne said...

Jeanne, this is such an amazing interpretation of the photo. An amazing CAS card!

NanaConnie said...

What an incredible card! Love the way you did that butterfly. I'd not thought about that kind of a design but I'm going to be CASEing this now. :-D

Marlena M. said...

Jeanne, this is SO PRETTY! I love the various ribbons all neatly tucked in the butterfly. Happy Birthday to you!

Maria said...

Gorgeous and so colorful...LOVE IT!!!

Sharron said...

Incredible CAS design! I love all the mix of ribbons and the butterfly was a fabulous choice for your negative diecut. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!!

JJ Bolton said...

First off, how did I not know about your birthday??? Happy, happy birthday my friend!

Secondly, I'm in love with this card! It's seriously incredible!!!

The Paper Parade said...

Wow, the home improvement sounds like its coming along...I hope it doesn't take all year! Although, the year is almost over ;) I'm so glad you were happily surprised with the blog hop! And this card is super cool, I love all the different colors and styles of ribbon you chose!

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jeanne! I love this card and what a wonderful way to use ribbon. :) Clever! Hugs

Vickie Z said...

Ohhh this is fabulous with all the ribbon! Perfect blend of colors and love the butterfly!

Anne-Elise said...

Happy birthday, Jeanne!! What a gorgeous butterfly! Love it! Hugs

Miriam said...

I just love this Jeanne. Bright colors and great technique!

Oscar said...

Absolutely stunning Jeanne! I love the butterfly and how clever using the ribbons as the background - love it! Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight x

Oscar said...

Ooh, and a very belated Happy Birthday xx