Friday, December 30, 2016

12 Kits of Occasions - December


Thanks for stopping by! Sorry I'm a little late! I'm posting today for the 12 Kits of Occasions! We're a group of 12 friends who all like to papercraft. Every month we take turns making a kit for the rest of the group. We all get the same things and on the last day of the month we reveal what we made with the kit.  We're posting early today so we can all enjoy the New Year's festivities with family and friends.  I haven't been around much.. most of the family had a bad stomach flu and I confess I spent about 3 days in bed.  I'm feeling good today and happy to be with the living! LOL! 























Here's a peek at our beautiful kit this month!  Our hostess is Jessica Davis of the Paper Parade Blog.  I can't say enough nice things about Jessica - she's done so many nice things for me.  Let's just say that a better friend you just couldn't have - she has a heart of gold!

Her kit this month was a wonderful mix of ELEGANT black, white and gold foil accented papers (that I had to convince myself to not hoard), glittery die cuts, and lots of cute and cuddly critters to play with.   There was even metallic accents (twine and sequins) and wood veneers.  I always tell you to look out for something that I think was a "tricky" element.   There was one this time when I looked at my tray of "what was left".  There were a few clear buttons that I just didn't get around to using so I'm going to be on the lookout for those when I go to visit the rest of the group.

I got 6 cards made and probably could have done more .. so let's get started!

 

Lots of fun right?  Want to see what the rest of the team made?  Just click on their names below or why not hop on over to The 12 Kits of Occasions Blog where we have a sample by each of the designers.



Jessica - The Paper Parade (our Hostess this month)




All cards finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"

10 comments:

Marybeth said...

What a beautiful group of cards Jeanne! I love the way you added a bit of color to each one with the fun little guys. I hope you have a great New Year with many blessings coming your way!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh good grief...I love each and every one of these Jeanne! I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are the queen of layers!! Happy New Year!!

Lindsey said...

Jeanne, you have done the most fantastic things with these cards as always! I would have never thought to use those bold pattern for hills, but they look amazing. Your last card is elegant and lovely. I'm tickled that I didn't get to use my yetis because you colored yours in the most adorable way. And though it is probably the simplest of the bunch, I adore how you used the giant glittery thank you. Wishing I could just flat out copy that one I love it so much. Wishing you the most wonderful New Year!

Maria said...

Oh, wow! Just LOVE your cards using the fun kit! All the white and black with touch of red, yellow or gold is super eye catching! Awesome cards!!!

~amy~ said...

Love these Jeanne!

Nancy Penir said...

Good golly Miss Jeanne, each one more delightful than the previous. What you do with pattern and color should be in volumes of 'How to'. And your coloring... wow... those yetis. So happy to hear you're better.
Take care. Hugs!!! xxx

Joyce said...

Fantastic group of cards, Jeanne. I love them all. Great way to use those patterned papers--I am always impressed at what a fine job you do with matching up different patterns and making them look wonderful together. I also love how you colored those adorable Yeti's.

Sharron said...

Oh, those layers--gorgeous!! Loved how you used the black & white patterns to create snow scenes, so much fun with the pops of bright color! And the Yetis are adorable too--love your coloring! I really love all your designs! Sorry to hear flu was a visitor over the holidays. It's never welcome but especially not at this time of year. Wishing you a blessed and healthy 2017!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne all of your cards this month are so fantastic!! I love how you coloured those cute images and you black and white grateful card is so gorgeous, probably my favourite. I really love your colouring, I walk away with so many ideas today!!

The Paper Parade said...

First of all Jeanne, what sweet things you said about me :) I'm very happy to have you in my life and you have just as big a heart of gold! Now to these fantastic creations! The first one Oh My Gosh!! I love the sun behind, the different colored snow drifts, the coloring on the penguin, the whole card is truly out of this world! Then the grateful card, I love the patterns you chose and the way that you put the grateful at an angle, gives the card a whole new dimension. The coloring on the snowboard on is so fun! I love that you tipped him up and then I love the way you cut over the top of the sentiment, that is so creative! The thank you with the thread behind? WOW! I need to do that, so stunning!