Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Serendipity Stamps December Blog Hop!


Thanks for stopping by! It's a great day for a visit! Serendipity Stamps is having their December blog hop today to show you some of the latest products and remind you to play along with our challenge! Our blog hop theme this month is Thank You! I know I can always use a few notes to express my appreciation! If you're following along you should have reached me from my sweet friend Vickie Zimmer's blog. If you want to start from the beginning you can find all the details at Mary's Blog
I thought I'd surprise Mary with this one!  She recently sent me some plastic clam shells for packaging to see if I could turn them into shakers.  What a great idea for some recycling! 

I inserted a sentiment stamped on white card stock inside the clam shell.  There was a small recycle logo on one side of the plastic shell so that's the side I put the sentiment on. 

Next I added some sequins (this blend is from Pretty Pink Posh called Holiday Shimmer).  I created the frame by placing a square die inside a scallop square die before running through my die cut machine.  
 I love these fun poinsettias! I fussy cut the flowers and leaves.
Join us for our monthly challenge! It's a fun way to see the stamps in action - making it easy for you to get ideas, AND you could win just for playing along!! A $20 gift certificate goes to one random player every month. 

Our challenge this month is "SPARKLE". Just add some sparkle to your design. That could mean some glitter, gems, gold embossing, sequins and lots more! Who doesn't love a little sparkle around the holidays!? . Just be sure to include at least one Serendipity Stamps image (stamp or die) on your design! You have until December 29 to join us at the challenge - you can find it here at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog.

 For this card I created a background of bright stripes and glittery card stock.
The sentiment is embossed in gold and some gold sequins add some extra sparkle and shine.   The sentiment is so pretty with all the flourishes and accents!  I dont think anyone has nicer sentiment stamps than Serendipity Stamps.  
Want to go shopping? The 50% off Stamp of the Month is the Winter Doe!

The sale this time is 40% off the highest priced item in your cart use code " 40fromhigh1216" now through December 25.

Ok.. ready to see more sparkly designs? Your next stop is Julie Warner's blog! I know she's going to make you happy! But before you go.... LEAVE A COMMENT! One comment from the hop will be selected to win a $20 gift certificate to the store! You have to comment to win!

Here's a list of all the designers with projects to share today! 


Jeanne Jachna (That's me!) 

Good luck and happy hopping!




Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Serendipity Stamps  Poinsettia and Leaf Solid, Happy Holidays II
Dies | MFT Stitched Scallop Square | Memory Box Square Layers
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh Holiday Shimmer Mix
Twinery Twine | Pink Sorbet
Pattern Paper Crate Paper Snow and Cocoa

Stamps | Serendipity Stamps  Leave A Little Sparkle
Dies | Spellbinder Petite Oval
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh Gold 





18 comments:

Pat R said...

Such a cool way to make a pretty shaker! Love the colors and design of the "sparkle" card...it definitely Sparkles!

Dmorgan said...

Wow! Love this BRIGHT and SPARKLY shaker card. You made it to just POP!

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is a great idea Jeanne! I LOVE this colorful shaker - -all those colors really pop against the white! So pretty!
Holiday Hugs!
Michele

Sue D said...

Very fun colors and I like the sparkle on your cards.

nancy dempsey said...

Such bright, cheerful colors. Pretty!

Renee's ramblings said...

Love all the different ways you added sparkle!

Lisa Elton said...

Lovin' all the sparkle Jeanne, these are so festive!!

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty cards! Love the shaker card with those fun poinsettias... so pretty! And love the sparkle sentiment also!

Chris Handy said...

Love your shaker card. Great idea to use clamshell package.

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful cards, Jeanne! I love the shaker idea and those colors are so fun! Wonderful poinsettia image design too. That sparkle sentiment is beautiful and I love the stripe background you make for it! Merry Christmas, Jeanne!

cm said...

Awesome showcase of how you used the clam shells; going to try something similar with mine (tried a 'different' approach with one...didn't quite work as I had envisioned! Back to the drawing board with it!). Your cards: stellar! Love them both!
Hugs~c

McStamper said...

Your shaker card is awesome. I love your sparkle card - one of my favorite stamps.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Stunning cards. Love the sparkle.

Have a wonderful holiday

D.Ann C said...

What a gorgeous shaker! I have several clamshell wrappings and such to try this with, too. Glad to know it works! Love the sparkly bling on the other card!

Kim Heggins said...

You always leave a little sparkle behind when you post such amazing cards. Just love your fabulous shaker card, so clever.

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the frame.
Fun to be able to make something
useful out of something that
might no longer be useful.
Great card.
thanks for sharing
Merry Christmas and happy New Year

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are both so colorful & festive, Jeanne! Love the shaker w/ the poinsettias & the sparkle is so fun w/ the stripes. Merry Christmas!

Mary Dew Lee said...

OMG! I just now saw your shaker card! So fun to have that variety of sparkly stuff to shake! It looks fantastic - I KNEW you'd do something awesome with those little clam boxes!