Thursday, December 1, 2016

Fusion Card Challenge - Seasons Greetings Stag

What a busy day!  I've got three posts for today - lots of new challenges beginning.  This one is for Fusion Card Challenge.  This one doesn't normally start on the 1st of the month.. it's every other Thursday, and the 1st just happens to be on Thursday this month! 

Here's the inspiration photo / sketch this time.  Remember it's Fusion so you can work with the inspiration photo OR the sketch.... if you're feeling clever you can fuse them together.   I usually love a sketch, but this time I was inspired by the photo.  I zoomed in on that Reindeer surrounded by candles, greenery and pine cones.
I started by cutting a frame and roughly drew the shape of it on a panel of white card stock.  Next I added very soft Tumbled Glass distress ink using a Clarity Stencil Brush so it peeks out from behind the frame.  

Next I added lots of foliage on the frame - these pretty flowers, pine and pine cones are from WPlus9's Merry & Bright.

Then I added this wonderful stag in aqua.  I'm still loving aqua and red side by side!
Of course we need to have a little gold for Christmas - so the inner frame is gold glitter paper, and I added some gold sequins for more shine! 

Now it's your turn! Need a little more inspiration? Check out more projects from our design team!


To play along and get all the details visit Fusion Card Challenge!





Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | WPlus9 Merry & Bright
Dies | WPlus9  Merry & Bright, Stag Trio, Anastasia Tag Die
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh Gold 4 mm





7 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Jeanne, this is gloriously STUNNING!!!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Beautiful card, Jeanne! I love the color of the bright blue stag--so pretty!
Take care!
Michele

cm said...

GORGEOUS! The teal and red, the frame, the gold, the deer...every element, combined, makes for a most harmonious card! LOVE!
Hugs~c

Karren said...

This is such a fabulous take on the photo, Jeanne! So bright and cheerful and perfect!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific combination of elements Jeanne, this is lovely!

Kim Heggins said...

Just so beautiful Jeanne...love your gorgeous deer!

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, I just love this! Flowers and a glittery deer = perfection!