Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Countdown to Confetti Day 3 - Figure of Speech


It's Day 3 in our Countdown to Confetti!! The new stamps and dies will be ready for purchase tomorrow in the Reverse Confetti Store!   I know you've been good and I sure hope you find some under the tree!   Maybe you'll get luck and win some this week! 
Today we're showing the new FIGURE OF SPEECH Stamp set with matching Confetti Cuts!  This is a set of 6 Speech Bubbles that you can put together to make phrases or use all by themselves! 
I used Reverse Confetti inks to stamp and distress these.  I originally cut the dies and then stamped the panel underneath through the openings.  When I went to line them up some of the words weren't so straight.. so time to give it a second go.  This technique worked perfectly. 

Stamp the images where you want them on a panel of card stock.  I used my Misti so I could stamp them more than once and get the solid images really inky.  Next I laid a sheet of vellum over the stamped images and taped the dies in place. (Note: Tracing paper would work great too.)   Then I took the vellum sheet with the taped dies and laid it on a white card stock panel and ran it through my die cut machine.  Everything lined up perfectly and I have the white die cut bubbles to stamp on later.

Next I took a dauber and distressed the edges of the die cut speech bubbles.   I blended the colors and then splashed them with white ink.
I love the blending - this reminds me of cards I've been seeing with "outer space" backgrounds. I think this would make a great "guy" card. 
Here's a list of the other designers who have projects to share today....



See you tomorrow during the new release blog hop!










Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Figure of Speech
Dies | Reverse Confetti Figure of Speech









16 comments:

~amy~ said...

FABulous, love all that inky goodness!

Lisa H. said...

so great! love the colors and color blending you did. the Figure of Speech stamps and dies are awesome.

Kathy said...

So colorful, very striking design!

Jan Elmore said...

Great color combo and a fun card. I really like the speech bubbles!

Cheryl B said...

Good technique to line up the die cuts and sayings! Love the colors on this card!

Amy Rohl said...

Cosmic awesome!! LOVE your vibrant colors!

Debbie Rumpza said...

I love your color blending behind the bubbles!

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

So fun and versatile. Love the Bright colors, patterns, and details. Great project!

sharon g said...

Very cool look. I'm going to try this!!! I like the shading, the spots....

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome color combo! Love the inlaid technique! The Speech bubbles are so fun... great set!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, does this ever pop! LOVE those vivid colors, and what a fun design! Your ink blending looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

I'm just saying ... Love the intensity of color! Great technique.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Beautiful blending of the colors. Thanks for the inspiration

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Pam Young said...

Great blending with these great colors!!

Billie A said...

OMG I love this card. The colors the speech bubbles and sentiments. Awesome striking idea.