Saturday, October 1, 2016

SSCB#60 Anything Goes!

Oh gosh.. seriously late night for me (Friday).  My son was home all morning - that was really nice - we got to go out for breakfast (something I never do).. just me and my boy!  He's growing up too fast.  He needed to get dropped off at school around noon to make the bus.  He's headed to a cross country meet in Kentucky!   I got home turned on the computer.. and it had to do some updates.. 4 hours later (6 pm) it's still updating....  DH is home and not a happy camper.. I'm supposed to get this done during the day.. 


Ok so things happen right?  I only have the one computer.. and my photos weren't edited yet... so yes.. a long night.. forgive me any typos.

Lots of new challenges begin today.. it's the first of the month.  I'm a big fan of monthly challenges.. we all get so busy.. it's nice to know exactly what date the challenge begins.. the first of course!! and you get the whole month to play along!  This month at Serendipity Stamps the challenge is Anything Goes.  That's right.. you can make anything you want for any occasion!  It doesn't get easier than that right?   There's a $20 prize up for grabs too! 

Mary (the owner) asked me to do a write up explaining how I choose papers to mix and match.  That will be on Mary's blog some time later this month.  I'll let you know when if you have interest.   I know we're all good at different things, and this is one thing that comes easy for me.
I love the detailed stamp images at Serendipity Stamps - I think they look great "naked" stamped in colored ink.   I used a blue to pick up on all the blues in the background papers.
Do you love that stitched scalloped border?  It's from Pretty Pink Posh and you can find it in the store at Serendipity too.  They make a great accent!  I used the scallop border to match the scallops on the oval frame.

I'm always saying this, and I'll say it again, I really like the wood grain sequins from Serendipity too.  They're available in three shades and the neutral is easy to match on anything.  They're nice and flat so they don't add any bulk to your design. 


Want to go shopping?  The 50% off stamp of the month for October is the Pumpkin Border.  You can see it in the store here. 

Need a little more inspiration?  Check out projects from the design team by clicking on their names to jump to their blogs.

I hope you find a little crafty time to join us at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog.  










Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Serendipity Stamps Everyday Words Small Horizontal, Hydrangea Large
Dies | Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders 1 | Spellbinder Oval, Scallop Oval | MFT Fishtail Flags
Pattern Paper | Basic Grey Spice Market 12"
Sequins | Serendipity Stamps Bamboo, Mahogany
Twinery Twine Midnight Blue
Misc. Gems, Button 



6 comments:

Amanda C said...

This card is beautiful! The colors are really great together. I do love the way you mix papers. You are always mixing things I would never think to put together, but they look fantastic!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty layers and pretty flowers! Pretty card Jeanne!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love your card! The layers are beautiful!

Renee said...

Beautiful as always! :)

cm said...

Once again, your combining and layering of papers, all arranged to bring us to the focal image, is bedazzling! Gorgeous! Excited that you'll be sharing the 'behind the scenes' process of your paper mix-and-match process! I'll be in the audience for sure!
Hugs~c

Marybeth said...

Oh no on the computer and yes even I had a lot of post due . I can only imagine what it was like for you.
Your time with your son sounds wonderful as I miss the time with my son alone. I know you will enjoy every second of it! I still have lots of time with my girls as I see them more.
Love the mix of patterned paper and layers you do so well. Hope you get a bit of a break.