Tuesday, October 25, 2016

CASual Fridays Thankful For You

Another busy weekend for us.. we got the carpet installed in the basement! We're hosting the Purdue Calumet Cross Country team for a pasta party and we wanted the room to look nice. I expect the kids will have a bon fire too if the weather is nice.

I'm sharing a card I made with CAS-ual Fridays"Calm and Gentle" set.  October is breast cancer awareness month so everything on the blog has a touch of pink to it.  That's ok with me since it's a color I seem to gravitate to naturally.  
This is an all season set - you can easily change the mood by changing the color of the leaves on the trees. I stamped them in orange, yellow, red and pink!


I cut the sentiment with a flag die and ran it across the trees.  I used burlap button twine to match the neutral color of the paper in the background. 
I trimmed the stamped tree image to a size that I thought would be good for the card front.  To keep it from getting lost I added a panel of hot pink behind it.  The corners were trimmed with a corner chomper. 

Some gold sequins from Pretty Pink  Posh make everything nicer! 
Want to go shopping? The Calm and Gentle stamp set is on sale! To receive an additional discount I hope you will use my special discount code. Any commission that would normally go to me for your purchase has been redirected to CASual Fridays to use toward Breast Cancer Awareness and Research. I accept no commission for the use of products on my blog and only use and endorse products that I love and would recommend. Here's a link to the CASual Fridays Stamps Store.   You can see sale items in the store here!


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | CASual Fridays Calm and Gentle
Pattern Paper | Crate Paper "Hello Love" 6"
Sequins Pretty Pink Posh Gold 4 mm, 6 mm
Button Twine | May Arts
Misc | Button, Corner Rounder We R Memory Keepers






7 comments:

Margot said...

I love the trees! Great colors!

Joyce said...

You continue to amaze me with all your energy for home improvement projects. I love this card because to me it is classic Jeanne--so many bright and happy colors, and just the perfect amount of layering.

cm said...

Beautiful, Jeanne! Love the tree...Cheering another home reno project accomplished; the pasta party sounds fantastic! Of course, we'll need photos...and recipes *grin*
Hugs~c

Lisa Elton said...

Charming card Jeanne, those dotty trees are too cute!!

Lyndal said...

FABulous colours Jeanne - LOVE!!!

Lindsey said...

So fantastic, Jeanne! Love these bright colorful dotted trees. I've been loving your cards on IG, but I must have missed this one. So fantastic!

Kim Heggins said...

Photos of your pasta party???? Bet is was so much fun! And your card is just amazing. Love all those pretty colored leaves on your trees.