Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Happy Fall!


Have you noticed? Fall is in the air! We're celebrating the change of the season all week at The Twinery! We've got gorgeous shades of green. red, orange, yellow and brown twine (just like the foliage changing colors) for all your projects!
I started with a die cut background of colorful dots in fall colors. I used the circle die cuts from the Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Duo 2 die.  This only took 2 swipes through my die cut machine because all of the 6 dots are on one die cut.

Sometimes it gets tricky trying to decide what color twine to use when you have lots of other colors to compete with. That's when I'm reaching for the neutrals. This time I used Gold Shimmer Twine to add lots of texture to my design.
I wrapped the twine around my hand several three times to make loops. I secured them to my card base in the center. When I adhered my flag cut sentiment the adhesive is hidden and the pretty twine peeks out above and below!

The sentiment is cut from the square ended tag in the Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Essentals One set.  It was a little larger than I needed so I trimmed off the top and bottom.  I love the stitched chevron edge that was left behind!

I adhered die cut leaves with adhesive foam tape and added a sprinkle of gold sequins to pick up on the metallic in the Gold Shimmer Twine.  This stamp set (Giving Thanks) is from the new Pretty Pink Posh October Release. We're showing more peeks of the other sets TOMORROW!

The is is so colorful and bright that I think I might just be able to live without flowers! LOL!   Have a beautiful day!




Finished Size: 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Pretty Pink Posh Giving Thanks
Dies | Pretty Pink Posh Giving Thanks, Stitched Duo 2, Stitched Essentials One

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness Jeanne, this is such a delightful autumn card!!

Nora Noll said...

Oh I LOVE everything about this!! The double cut circles look fabulous and the addition of twine behind the banner with the layered, stamped images-totally fabulous!!