Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Reverse Confetti Fallidays Thanksgiving


Thanks for stopping by! Reverse Confetti is having their second annual Fall-idays! It's a 3 day event that started yesterday (Halloween) and finishes tomorrow (Christmas). Today we're focusing on Thanksgiving and showing all sorts of things for gift giving to home decor. Fall is my favorite time of year - I think everyone on my side of the family is born in November so Thanksgiving has a double meaning here. In fact.. this year my birthday is on Thanksgiving. That's happened a few times before, and while I love pumpkin pie, it was not always a welcome substitute for a birthday cake when I was a kid. Now that I'm grown I try to put my family first. We'll have a special dinner just us, over the weekend.

I made a thankful card that might just double as a Thanksgiving invite this year.  I stamped the leaves from Blooms 'n Buds around the edges of my card front in shades of orange, yellow and red.  

Next I die cut the sentiment from the stamped panel.  I cut it a second time in a dark orange and inlaid it into the panel.

The words looked a little "lost" to me so I cut them from light orange and red, trimmed them and adhered a different color card stock for each word.  This also raised the  words making them easier to read.

The finishing touch was the addition of a few sequins for a little sparkle. 


There's more Thanksgiving inspired fun waiting for you.  Here's a list of other designers with projects to share today!

Reverse Confetti Blog
Melissa Phillips
Amy Rohl
Lisa Henke
Heather Pulvirenti
Leigh Penner
Amy Tsuruta
Laurie Schmidlin






Finished Size: 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Blooms N Buds
Dies | Grateful Thankful Blessed
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh 


8 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

These are my favorite colors so naturally this card steals my heart! Fabulous design and stamping!!!

Lisa H. said...

Beautiful colors and design. Thanks for sharing.

Audrey Pettit said...

I am a turkey baby, too! Every seven years, or so, my birthday falls on Thanksgiving! :D Your card is beautiful! Love the big sentiment with the inlay die cutting, and the stamped leaves around the edges are so colorful and eye catching!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors!

Joyce said...

Gorgeous, Jeanne. Love the colors on this fantastic card. My younger brother was born on Thanksgiving day--we have a fun family story about the time we had take out Chinese for Thanksgiving.

Lisa Elton said...

This is beautiful Jeanne! i like the wonderful warm autumn colors!!

Kathy said...

Lovely, it would make a very special invitation!

Sharron said...

Fabulous design in those gorgeous fall colors! Love the inlaid sentiment!