Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Muse: Christmas Visions - Lavinia Snowflake Ornament


I'm so excited to share today that I'm a Guest Designer for Muse Christmas Visions Challenge!   I love the holidays and could make holiday cards all year round!  I'm usually leaning toward layered cards, but  let's be hones.. there is nothing I like more at Holiday time than a flat CAS card!  I do not want to go to the post office and wait in line to get my envelopes weighed.  Yes I can be lazy like that! LOL!

So if you're like me I think you'll want to play along this week.  This card was really easy to make. 

I started with a simple color block panel.  I love pink and red together for Christmas!  I decided to make an ombre panel from light pink to red covering as many shades I could in between.  

Next I layered on die cuts in white - a pretty ornament, simple sentiment and a few scattered snowflakes.  I didn't even bother to knock the pieces out of the loops in the letters.

I need a little sparkle for the holidays so I added a few gems to the snowflake centers.

This card is very low profile and you could make a bunch in no time flat!

I hope you'll play along too because we've got a nice prize up for grabs!  How about a gift certificate from Poppystamps?  They're the creator of all the pretty dies I used!  I'd sure love to see you win!   You can get all the details here at Muse Christmas Visions!




Finished Size: 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies | Poppystamps Merry Christmas Script, Lavinia Snowflake, Madeleine Snowflakes




5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on guesting Jeanne, this is fabulous!!

Unknown said...

Love this card, I wouldn't have thought of that color scheme. Thank you for sharing.

Tracy said...

Your cards are so bright and cheery

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Congrats on your Guest Designer spot, and a terrific card for the Muse challenge.
So striking.
You really got my old grey matter thinking on this one!
xxx

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the beautiful inspiration, Jeanne! Last minute as usual, but I managed to play along.