Thursday, October 6, 2016

Fusion - I Say A Prayer

It's time for a brand new Fusion Card Challenge!  I love playing challenges whenever I can.  I really enjoy seeing the inspiration photo or sketch through different eyes.  It's what makes us all interesting and unique.   Normally I am attracted to the inspiration photo before the sketch.  I can look at a photo and sometimes (if lightning strikes) I'll know exactly what stamp set or die I want to work with.   

Somehow this time I wasn't feeling the stacked chairs.  I do have several chair dies, but it wasn't coming together for me.   Looking at the chairs a little closer I picked up on the woodwork on their backs.  It looked intricate with lots of open areas like a die cut.   I was also attracted to their pretty colors.

Here's what I made this time.. 

I started with a watercolor panel.  I used bright rainbow colors like the ones on the chairs.  I topped that with a pretty, intricate panel die from Reverse Confetti.  This one is called Leaves.

The stamped flowers are from Blooms 'n Buds.  This is a two step flower - I used only the detail stamp on a plain white card stock coordinating die cut. I love the drama of the black on white. 

The sentiment is from the My Heart Trusts set.  It's got me singing Dione Warwick "I say a little prayer for you".. am I showing my age? 
Want to see what the rest of the team made for this challenge?  Click here to jump to the Fusion Card Challenge blog or on the names below!


I hope you find a little crafty time to play along! 




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Blooms 'N Buds, My Heart Trusts
Dies | Reverse Confetti  Blooms 'N Buds, For Mom, Leaves Cover Panel
Peerless Watercolor
Enamel Dots


3 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Totally LOVE this, Jeanne, outstanding creating here!!!

Karren said...

I love how you were inspired by the photo, Jeanne! That background is amazing!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful! I love love love that background!