Monday, October 24, 2016

Halloween Banner

We're celebrating Halloween at the Twinery Blog!   I was originally going to make a bunch of sweet tags to put on treats, but decided to string them on a banner to hang in my crafty room.  I think the kiddos will be too focused on the goodies to appreciate the fun tags, and I know I'll be bringing this out again next year!  

I twisted three strands of Twinery Twine together (one Solid Charcoal, two Charcoal).  I thought the 3 strands would be stronger, and much more visible than one.   I have lots of colors on my design - and I know I could have found a Twinery twine color to match any one I used, but I went  with the charcoal.  I like a neutral because it won't compete with everything else going on!  


I think everything is a little better with some Twinery Twine!  Have you noticed a big spool of 150 yards is only $10?  That's less than 7 cents a yard!  What a great value! There's three colors on sale too for $5 - Spring Blossom, Summer Breeze and Firecracker.


I want to show you each tag one at a time.  I used all Reverse Confetti stamps and dies on the banners!  I started with the Love Note scallop confetti cut base, topped that with a Stars Pretty Panel, a Ghostie from Halloween Bits. a star from Seeing Stars and for the moon a small Swirlie.  For the hanger I used Hang Ups Too!   I love the shape and the stitched detail.  The finishing touch.. a sprinkle of Pretty Pink Posh Gold Sequins for my spooky night sky! 
For this one I used the Spooky Sentiments Stamp Set, Web Tag and Hang Ups dies.  The spider (from Tim Holtz) is attached with Lilac twine. I added some Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins to look like dew drops.

This little cutie is from my favorite Halloween set released this year - Best Witches!  Isn't she adorable?  I stamped with Memento, and colored with Copic markers.  The Triangles Pretty Panels remind me of Candy Corn! 

For this one I used the Big Stripes Tag Layer.  The bats are from the Halloween Bits Confetti Cuts.  I added some Pretty Pink Posh Silly Eyes and a Swirlie die cut to the moon!
Ok.. last one!  This is the Mummy from the Best Witches set!  I layered a Chevrons Pretty Panel over a  Love Note die cut.  That yummy green card stock is also from Reverse Confetti (Lime).  

Can you see why I just couldn't part with them? LOL!





Boo Tag
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Treat Yo' Self
Dies | Reverse Confetti Halloween Bits, Seeing Stars, Swirlies, Love Note, Hang Ups Too, Pretty Panel Stars
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh Gold 4mm

Spider Tag
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Spooky Sentiments
Dies | Reverse Confetti Web Tag, Hang Ups, Topped Off Tag
Twinery Lilac Twine
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear 8 mm, 6 mm, 4 mm
Spider Tim Holtz

Witch Tag
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Spooky Sentiments, Best Witches
Dies | Reverse Confetti Best Witches Love Note, Triangles Pretty Panels, Hang Ups Too, Hang Ups
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh 6 mm Flat Lemon Drop, 4 mm Pumpkin, Flower Sequin

Batty Tag
Dies | Reverse Confetti Big Stripes Tag Layer, Topped Off Tag, Swirlies Halloween Bits
Silly Eyes | Pretty Pink Posh 4mm
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh Bermuda Bay 4mm Aquamarine 6 mm

Mummy
Stamp | Reverse Confetti Best Witches
Dies | Reverse Confetti Best Witches, Love Note, Chevrons Pretty Panels
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear 4mm 6mm, Hang Ups




3 comments:

richardbreaks said...

This is simply magical! I love your bright colors, and making all these tags into a banner is just too brilliant!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is fantastic, Jeanne!!!

cm said...

My response is predictable: I LOVE x LOVE your Halloween banner! Keeping it 'book-marked' as an idea for Ms. T and Mr. C for next year. I'd send the tags in the mail as part of a countdown to Halloween, with the twine 'all ready' to receive its 'daily' treat...which is fine in theory. One would have to trust the mail service delivery *grin* You've actually sparked an idea for Christmas and my 'traditional' Advent tags/mini cards that I create for them. Best top up my stamps and envelopes supply...
Hugs~c