Friday, May 27, 2016

TYIC#48 Patriotic Pinwheels

Do you love tags?  Heck yes!  You KNOW I do!!!   Then you better check out the Tag You're It Challenge!  Tags are a mini canvas for you to create on - and most of the time ideas come together quickly!  Check out our inspiration tag this time from Tag You're It designer Bobby Hagan from Bits and Pieces Designs!

Summer always makes me feel patriotic - it starts with Memorial Day, then in June Flag Day (go to a Scout flag retirement!!) , July 4th.. and don't forget the home town parades and fairs.  Things will be jumping in the midwest for months!   So yes.. Bobby's design is perfect!

I love everything about this one - top to bottom - the red white and blue ribbon, swirly stars, flags hanging off the tag, and of course the sentiment .. remember.  In all our celebrating, pride and patriotism.. it is important to remember those who have served and sacrificed for us. 

This seemed like the perfect sentiment for my little tag! It's from Taylored Expressions. 
This one was tricky to photograph because the pinwheel stand much taller than the tag base.   So where to focus.. the pinwheels or the words??
The stars are die from the white panel cut so I cut a second tag from  gold glitter paper to place in the open windows so the glitter peeks through.
I kept  a few things the same as Bobby's design - do you see the stars in the background?  If you look close they have a stitched pattern connecting them.  My background seemed a little to "white" to me so I splotched on some blue ink  - just some distress ink mixed with water.
Instead of flags - can you believe I couldn't find ANY????!!!  I made some patriotic pinwheels - plenty of those around in the summertime too right?  This is a fun die from Lil Inker Designs - I used the SMALL pinwheel.  I added pearl brads to the centers to hold them together before I glued them to my tag.

The finishing touch was the red eyelet for the gold shimmer twine - festive right?  Now it's your turn!  I sure hope you'll join us at Tag You're It Challenge - make sure you wear your colors!  













Supplies 
Stamp | Taylored Expressions Of Thee I Sing
Dies | Poppystamps Pinpoint Mainstreet Tags, Annaleigh Tag Decorations | Memory Box Starlit Breeze | Lil Inker Designs Mini Pinwheel 
The Twinery Gold Shimmer Twine
Pearl Brads

7 comments:

KimCreate said...

So pretty and festive! Perfect for a patriotic challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful pinwheels Jeanne, such a lovely tag. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Diane Jaquay said...

Yummy scrumptious, this is AWESOME, Jeanne!! Love love those cute pinwheels!! Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Gail said...

Fabulous tag! Love it!

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful and patriotic tag...so sweet.

Marybeth said...

Wow, this is darling and so much fun! I didn’t see this on the blog , I must have missed it. Love it!

Sharron said...

Your pinwheels are such fun! Love the wonderfully festive tag you've created--just perfect for lots of patriotic occasions!