Thursday, May 19, 2016

Poppystamps Rainbow Gingko Branch

Isn't the weather just lovely? I'm still delighted to see GREEN everywhere! Each day brings a new surprise - a flower blooming or a visit from a bird that has wintered away! It's like my little corner of the world is coming alive! I wanted to capture that feeling with vibrant colors on my card today!

I created my card base by cutting rows of the rush arrow dies from a white card stock panel. I have a magnetic plate on my die cut machine so it was easy to space them approximately 1/2" apart. I cut once, and then ran it through the machine again for each of the cuts. I made the strips different lengths to add more interest. When the panel was cut I removed all the die cut pieces and then taped strips of colored card stock to the reverse side of the panel to peek through the openings before adhering it to my card base.
I double cut the Gingko Branch in dark and light green so it wouldn't fade into that strong background. I did the same with the hello sentiment - this time adding a cut of gold glitter paper for some sparkle and shine!

I love the button dies - have you checked them out? Poppystamps has classic buttons, stars, hearts, and these pretty butterflies that make great accents. Some even have stitching! 

I love the rainbow color!  Wishing you a beautiful day!



6 comments:

Nancy said...

Amazing card Jeanne! Lovely colors!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, brilliant designing here, Jeanne!!!

Nora Noll said...

I am in love with the vibrant colors you used on this. I also love how you used that fun die. Such a great idea!!

BenteS said...

So long since I have been visiting your blog, and you have made a lot of gorgeous cards in the meantime.
Love all your lovely designs and bright colors - wonderful :))
Have a good weekend!

Sharron said...

Awesome design! Love the rainbow colors and those cool arrows!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a happy card!