Thursday, May 12, 2016

Pretty Pink Posh New Release Blog Hop!



Hello and a very big welcome to the May release blog hop for Pretty Pink Posh! I'm so excited to be here - this is my first hop as a DT member and I sure hope I do Paulina proud! LOL!!! If you're hopping along with us today you should have reached me from my sweet friend Lisa Elton's blog! If you want to start from the beginning and get all the details you can find them here.. at the Pretty Pink Posh blog!
We've got two new die sets and LOTS of new sequins to show you!  Paulina's added 4mm bitty size sequins for all the irridescent colors, new Rose Gold, and a beautiful blend called Wisteria Blossom to show you today!  I made two cards that are very similar - I wanted to keep the theme the same to show you how you can create two different style cards using the same stamp set.  This first card features the new Stitched Essentials 1 die set.   This set includes three new stitched tag, some confetti cuts, and an eyelet.  Whats really neat about these tags is that you can add a little window opening for them if you like.  The centers (the oval, circle and square) are all cut aways so you can cut a window, or leave the window off completely.  You can also switch the shape of the window and cut it into any of the tags.   For example.. the first tag with the pennant bottom has a square in it.. you can replace the square with the oval or the circle if you like.  Neat right? 



I left the circle die cut in my tag and made a little shaker window for this bitty birdie from the Birdie Friends stamp set. I love the new iridescent sequins! I added Sunshine Glow and Peridot Mist to my shaker to pick up on all the greens and yellow in my design.  My sentiment is stamped on one of the Stitched Labels 1.
I stamped branches and colorful leaves - and then added some watercolor splotches of green in different shades for my background. I topped that with the shaker tag - allowing the background to show through the open die cut.


My next card features the new Storybook 4 die. It's so fun adding little images to each of the windows! I started by cutting the Storybook die from white card stock. Next I stamped a background of leaves and branches.  I splashed some watercolor to add a little more detail to the background.
On a separate panel I created a distress ink background of clouds using a simple diecut cloud border. Next I die cut this panel and inserted the cloud cut outs into the stamped panel (with the leaves and branches) openings. 

A tip if you like that nest.. First I stamped the eggs. Then I covered the eggs with the coordinating die cut that matches the eggs. Then I stamped the nest over the covered eggs - that's why there is a white border around the eggs. I like this look and think it adds definition to the nest - keeping the nest and eggs from blending together. Lastly I die cut the nest before adding it to the card with adhesive foam tape.

A few scattered sequins in Peridot Mist add the right amount of sparkel and shine. This time I mixed the 6 mm with the 4 mm.
Ready for the next stop? It's the amazing Joni Andaya!!! She's going to amaze you! But before you go... Make sure you leave me a comment! There are TWO $25 gift certificaes up for grabs! Winners will be picked randomly along the blog hop. Comments must be left by 11:59 PM PDT on 5/16/2016. Winners will be announced on the PPP blog

Here's a complete list of all the designers on the hop today!

Jeanne Jachna  (You are here!)

Good Luck and Happy Hopping!!






Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Pretty Pink Posh | Birdie Friends
Dies | Pretty Pink Posh | Stitched Labels 1, Stitched Essentials 1, Birdie Friends
Sequins | Sunshine Glow | Peridot Mist
Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Pretty Pink Posh | Birdie Friends 
Dies | Pretty Pink Posh | Birdie Friends | Storybook 4
Sequins | Sunshine Glow | Peridot Mist

99 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh.. loving the missing you card!

greenthumb said...

great use of the dies to highlight the stamps.

Michelle said...

Two beautifully, colorful, happy cards!! Love, love!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors.

Kim Hill said...

LOVE THESE CARDS!!!! You just rock this stamp set. But my hands down favorite part of these projects are the colors. I rarely do the bright greens and yellows--love them, but don't work with them much. I'm going to be pulling them out today. They are just so cheery and beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi. So nice and cute cards. Love the colours. The green and yellow are so bright. Wow. ☺

SAHLERS said...

cute card love the new die

Unknown said...

What a cute card, with shaker window and the back ground behind the chicks they're so cute.

Karen B. said...

What an amazing showcase of what the window die can do! Too cute!

New Creations said...

Wow, so bright and cheerful scene creations! Love beautiful BG on both, looks like I am sitting near the window and watching the nature beauty!!

Unknown said...

such cuties!!!!

Unknown said...

Really liked how you kept the window inserts in and stamped in the background.

Cindy said...

Lovely and cheerful cards Jeanne!

Unknown said...

I love the cheerfulness of both cards ! The color tones are so spring !
The cloud background looks so nice with the storybook die ! And I absolutely LOVE the background you made with the branches and leaves !

Debbie Rumpza said...

I love the colors you used... so cheerful and springlike!

Tracey McNeely said...

Spring! I love your happy spring card Jeanne!

Nancy Lee said...

So cute, love the springy colors :)

Miriam Leech said...

Just look at what you did with those Birdies! Thanks for the inspiration!!

baccsurfs said...

very cute!

McStamper said...

Darling card. Love the little chicks.

Sue Smith said...

Jeanne, I think I can hear the birds chirping from your cards. Love the bright cheerful colors and sequins you used :)

Unknown said...

The little chicks and the tiny leaves and the color Mix. .so adorable

joy said...

These two cards would cheer anyone up, Jeanne! Love the fresh spring colors.

cm said...

Excuse me, but who said you'd work magic with PPP products? *Hand raised* And yes, I am 120% correct! Nothing short of amazing and delightful, with a heavy sprinkle of charm added in!
Hugs~c

Leanne in Cali said...

What a fun, colorful card! Thanks so much for sharing on the hop.

Leanne in Cali said...

Love the window on the second card with the colorful background! Looks like alot of work. Thanks again for sharing.

Unknown said...

I ordered the storybook 4, I got inspired by your lovely card. I can't wait to have it!!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Jeanne, your cards are so happy & cheerful. Love it!

Becky W. said...

Adorable cards! Love the bright colors and sequin colors. Thanks for the tip on the nest and eggs. Great job!

Denise Bryant said...

Such a fun, spring-y card! Love the new dies! Great details on your sweet card!

Mirella said...

Gorgeous, happy and cheerful cards! Love the colour combo!

Donna said...

These are both so cute, Jeanne.
Do you have a favourite?

Kathy said...

What absolutely fun, colorful cards! I love them both. Those tiny nests are the sweetest!

Unknown said...

What a fun card with all those little chicks.

Nikki said...

These are such happy cards. Like the colors.

HOLLEY DOWNS said...

Love your cards! TFS!!

Unknown said...

Who would love some Pretty Pink Posh product? Well, I would of course!! LOL So cute!

Sabrina said...

Very cute cards!!! I just love those birds!!

Sandra KM said...

Your cards are amazing. Very fun and vibrant.

Unknown said...

So sweet!

Roxana Buck said...

These are soo cute!

Janet D. said...

What cheerful, happy cards!! Great job!

Kim said...

These cards are so pretty and cheery.

Larissa Heskett said...

SQUEAL!! SUPER SWEET Cards!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Designs and the New Products!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Lisa Elton said...

This is perfectly adorable spring card Jeanne! Pretty colors!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I think this card is going to cheer up one friend and make the other cry. Beautiful job on both :)

Andrea Shell said...

Such cute, cheerful cards!

Mom and wife. said...

So cute and very colorful card

Rosemary said...

very pretty set of cards!

Jeanne-Marie said...

I love the little story you made!! The green on your first card really pops!

Farhana S said...

How fun!! Such a cute card :)

Crafty Texas Woman said...

Super Cute Card

Unknown said...

Your cards are so cute! I love the bitty birdies!

handcrafthobby said...

Oh I love both of them... so cheerful colors and happy colors

Unknown said...

I love these! The birds are so sweet.

Christine_sz said...

Green is a favorite color of mine so I really enjoyed your cards. Wonderful!

FeM said...

Awesome card. Happy colors.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I just love these color combos!!!

Elizabeth S. said...

These are wonderful and love how you created the background using the stamps along with the wonderful coloring!

~amy~ said...

Oh how sweet!!! Love your cards!!!!

Amy Y said...

Really sweet cards, thanks for sharing!!!

Kentucky Daisy said...

Oh I just LOVE these cards! The PPP stamps & dies are used perfectly in these designs! I want these products to make cards just like this!!!!

cghundley said...

So very cute
and charming!
Carla from Utah

Tammy said...

Oh my gosh your cards are adorable. The first one is so creative the way that you combined the branches to make a tree. Love it! And the second one is such a gorgeous mix of colors. Great job!!!

Lucy E. said...

Your sweet bird cards are so bright and full
Of life! Great creativity!

Agata said...

So sweet and fun! Love your tip about masking the eggs!

Marcia said...

Oh so cute! Love those little birdies!

Jan Elmore said...

Between the sequins, those lil' birdies and the tag shape...how can we go wrong!?

Valgerdur R. said...

I absolutely love the color scheme of these two cards! Both are whimsical and cheery!

Mary Holshouser said...

the cards are so fun and happy.
I love all of the greenery.
thanks for sharing some wonderful cards.

Lisaerica said...

Oh they both came beautiful! I love the all the greens and the little shaker. The 2nd card, the cloud background makes the whole cad. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Diane Jaquay said...

These are both cute as can be, love love love!!!

*Vicki* said...

Awe!! These chicks are too stinkin' CUTE!! Love the green and yellow color combo as well!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Susie Sonnier said...

How cute is this card!!!

Super Stick Chick said...

Such happy fun cards! Love all the little compartments.

RORO world said...

Very cherful card.

Amy Seigler said...

Wonderful cards! I love the green and yellow background with those adorable chicks! You did an amazing job on them!!!

Judie said...

Super cute and fun card! Love the colours!

Oliev said...

Wow, amazing cards!

Karen Letchworth said...

Awesome job, Jeanne. SO much wonderful inspiration here and from the entire DT.
Karen Letchworth

DruW said...

Supercute!

Sharron said...

These are so bright and happy and fun! Love your wonderful designs and those adorable little birds!

Unknown said...

I just love the birdie friends stamp set, and the yellow and greens if your cards are so beautiful together

D.Ann C said...

I love all the layers on your adorable cards - especially that fab shaker!!!

Ashlyn said...

Love the backgrounds you created!

liz said...

These little birds are so cute. Love the sequins that match the yellow and green

Sandy Small said...

Great cards, with lots of detail!

Unknown said...

Love love this idea. Too cute

Unknown said...

So bright & cheerful

Arianna Barbara said...

Very very cute!!!

Mary-Anne V said...

Such a fresh clean feel to these wonderful cards. I love the combination of yellow and the green.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Adorable card. Love all of the little details. TFS

Nora Noll said...

What adorable cards!!! Love, love, love!!

Amy C. said...

The yellow and green is such a cheery color combination. Your cards are very sweet!

Corilyn Noreen said...

The cloudy sky looks so cool on your second card. :)

Jessica said...

Cute card! Love the new dies!

StampingbugKerry said...

Love the cheerful color scheme you selected for your creations. Gorgeous cards! :)

TracyM #6773 said...

SUPER CUTE and CHEERY cards!!!
WOW - LOVE LOVE LOVE your stamping and colours!!!
THANK YOU for sharing your INKY AWESOMENESS :)

Sue D said...

I like your fun and cheery cards!