Sunday, May 15, 2016

CASual Fridays Simply the BEST!

I'm so excited to be posting for CASual Fridays today!   I'm new on the DT and still so happy to be representing Michele's beautiful products.   I've had lots of fun making this card using the Wallflower Stamp Set.
The set includes this four petal image by itself and as a border along with some great sentiments.  This was a great project for Misti if you have one.  I inked up the border stamp with Ranger Distress inks and then spritzed it with water before stamping on watercolor paper.   I use CANSON XL 140# Cold Press Paper. 
Because the dye ink is water soluble it blends easily.  I stamped the rows in different lengths to add some interest.  I also had to play with the colors a bit before I decided what order to put them in.  (Candied Apple, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Shabby Shutters) 
Sometimes watercolor paper is tricky because it's not completely smooth.  Misti has you covered because you can stamp over the image several times to get a clear impression.
Of course I have to have a little bling!  Have you seen the Fun-Fetti Fri Die?   It's got lots of bitty confetti shapes - circles, stars, flowers and hearts.  I cut some of the circles and flowers from gold paper and topped them with gems!
I love all the color and sparkle - so CAS too - just one stamp set, one die cut, ink, and paper! It doesn't get easier than that!  

 Want to go shopping?  Click here to jump to the shop!


 Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!  

Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | CASual Fridays Wallflower
Dies | CASual Fridays Fun-Fetti Fri Die
Ranger Distress Ink
Canson XL Watercolor Paper

7 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What great colors and beautiful design on this bright cheery card Jeanne!

Lesley said...

This is so colourful and inspiring my friend!

Nora Noll said...

What an amazing card!! I love the addition of the Funfetti die cuts and the rhinestones. SO pretty!!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty design and colors Jeanne!!

Unknown said...

Love all your cards,your style and colour always stand out to me beautiful x

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SUCH an eye catching card, Jeanne! I love the bright colors and the watercolor look, so fabulous!!

Unknown said...

All the cards are beautiful.