Monday, May 16, 2016

CAS-ual Fridays Calling All Sistahs Blog Hop

Are you hopping with us today? If you are you should have reached me from the incredible Diane Jaquay's blog.  CAS-ual Fridays is having a Calling All Sistahs blog hop to help support breast cancer awareness.  1 in 8 women in the U.S. will develop invasive breast cancer in her lifetime.  We hop on the 17th of every month to spread the word and encourage you to remember to get checked!

CAS-ual Fridays owner Michele is a survivor. She designed a line of stamps to promote awareness.  Profits from the sale of products in the "Calling All Sistahs" campaign are donated to breast cancer research and awareness.  You can get all the details and start at the beginning of the hop here - at the CAS-ual Fridays Blog!.

We encourage you to grab our badge and put it on your side bar to remind your friends to play along and help spread the word.

I went all "pretty in pink" today!  The floral ribbon stamp and sentiment are from the CAS-ual Fridays Hope Ribbon Stamp set.  The ribbon has a matching Fri Die - it's called the Ruffled Ribbon.

I wanted to add lots of feminine frills to this one - so I have lots of layers and some frilly die cuts - a scalloped border and half a doily. 

The ribbon was attached with adhesive foam tape to allow for the Twinery Blossom Twine to wrap smoothly around the card base. 
The finishing touch?  A little bling of course!  Just a few enamel dots to shine like candy !

I hope this simple message says it all - I had my own little scare my past mammogram in January.  Fortunately a biopsy revealed that the mass was benign but I know that so many are not as lucky.  The support I had from friends while waiting for the results made all the difference to me. 

Ready for the next stop?  Theresa Knopf 's got you covered!

Jeanne Jachna  (You are here! :)

Have a great day - and do all those who love you a favor!  Make sure you get checked!




Finished Size: 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | CAS-ual Fridays Hope Ribbon
Dies | CAS-ual Fridays Ruffled Ribbon Fri Die | Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders One, MFT Fishtail Flags | Cheery Lynn French Pastry
Pattern Paper | Crate Paper "Hello Love" 6"
Twinery Blossom Twine

27 comments:

Heather North said...

I said this on our Facebook group, but I just have to say it again here. I love your black, pink and white color combo, Jeanne! The graphic stripes paired with the lacy ribbon & doily along with all the florals just makes my heart sing. :)

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful feminine card! I love everything about your card! The colors really make the hope ribbon stand out!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome card - love the b paper with the stripes too

Lori said...

Absolutely stunning Jeanne! Love your design!

Diane Jaquay said...

Lovely layers, colors and patterns, Jeanne, such a pretty card!!

Michele Gross said...

What a gorgeous card! Thank you for sharing your recent experience. I'm so happy for you that it turned out to be benign. :)

AnnieD said...

Oh oh oh, love the doily! And the patterned paper! And the pink dots!

Anonymous said...

You pulled out all the stops for this card and wow the final result is so pretty!!!

Joyce said...

Thanks for the reminder, and your card is a riot of pink beautifulness!

Ceal said...

Gorgeous! love all the layers and details, thanks for sharing!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne a fabulous card for such a good cause! Love that big hope ribbon!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the layering.
such pretty papers and colors.
thanks for sharing.

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE the layers Jeanne, Praise God your Biopsy turned out so well!

Sue Smith said...

Jeanne, what a fabulous card you created. I love the various pattern papers you have used and the solid black scalloped border makes everything pop. Love it, love it, love it :)

Donna said...

That background paper is gorgeous, Jeanne.
Hope you are well :)
Donna. X

SusanME said...

Love the layers!! Thanks for sharing.

Elise Smith said...

This is gorgeous!! I love all the different layers, details, and patterns.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful hope inspired ribbon card - and I love your doily embellishment! Isn't this just a Fabulous cause!

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Love your card. It is just stunning! My sister is a BC survivor. Thank you for your support!~Kim K.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

What a fabulous card! Who wouldn't love and feel uplifted having received this!?!?

Lisa Elton said...

Layers of prettiness Jeanne!!

Mom and wife. said...

So amazing card. It is suitable to boost others hope.

Carrie said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the doily and the twine! Pretty color scheme, also!
I just became a follower of your blog and would be thrilled if you returned the favor, My blog is http://carriescustomcards.blogspot.com

Sue D said...

I like the layers on your beautiful card.

Karen said...

Very nice card!

Nora Noll said...

Oh the layers on this card are fabulous!! I LOVE the addition of the pink doily!!

CADC Blog said...

Love all the layers!