Friday, May 13, 2016

TYIC#47 Butterfly Tag

Hi and thanks for stopping by!  It's time for a new Tag You're It Challenge and lucky me!  I'm the designer this time!  It's no secret that I love layers - sometimes it's all in the details.  That's why I wanted to show you some close ups of this tag so you can see it all.    The top half of this tag is embossed solid card stock, the bottom half is pattern paper.  Right down the middle there is a die cut scallop border - and to help define the separation of papers a strip of skinny MT washi.

Next for the embellishing.. some flags cut from different colors/prints peeking out from a solid die cut butterfly.  I added a sentiment on another flag shape to repeat the pattern, and lastly added some gems and pretty twine.   East right?  I hope you'll join me and the rest of the team at Tag You're It!  You have 2 weeks to play and I sure hope we'll see you there.   Just click here to jump to the blog to get all the details and see more samples from our amazing design team! 





Supplies:
Dies | Papertrey Ink Tag Sale #8 Die | Poppystamps Devyn Butterfly Trio, Emelia Butterfly Trio, Classic Ribbons
Embossing Folder |  Cuttlebug Cherry Blossom
Pattern Paper | Basic Grey Typeset 12"
Twine | 12 Kits
Gems Queen & Co Bubbles
Stamp | Waltzingmouse Gift Tag It

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is fantastic! I hope I can find time to play along!!

cm said...

You know that, at first glimpse of this tag, I was hit with a mega bout of swooning, right? Seeing it here, with the closeups, has rekindled my condition *grin*. Love this! LOVE, I tell you!
hugs~c

Donna said...

Some many choices to choose between... that's how I felt seeing this tag for the first time.
You excel with your patterned paper pairings, you know :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I just adore all the beautiful colors here, and that embossed panel adds such interest! Congratulations, Jeanne!

Darnell said...

You make a great teacher, Jeanne! Your words make it all sound so easy, but creating art like this is NOT easy to me! You really challenged me with this incredible tag, but it was an honor to give it a go!! Hugs, Darnell

Sharron said...

Such a pretty and happy tag! Love your wonderful mix of patterns and colors!

Kara Lynne said...

Jeanne, your tag is so beautiful! Thanks for such an exciting inspiration piece to CASE. I love every sweet little detail!

Nora Noll said...

This is fabulous!! Love the layering and the texture on it. I think I am going to have to join this challenge!!

Kim Heggins said...

So sweet...love your beautiful butterfly!