Friday, May 20, 2016

Pretty Little Studio - Wander

Every Friday at Pretty Little Studio we choose a product category from the store to feature! Today it's Die Cuts!    And you'll find lots of them at Pretty Little Studio! We have everything from sweet vintage images and word dies, to travel tickets and tabs! What makes die cuts so wonderful? For me it's the fact that they're ready to use. It's so convenient to pick up an image or sentiment that has been printed and fussy cut and is ready to attach to a project - no matter if its a card or a scrapbook layout. 

My collage card today features a few different die cuts - the Frozen Feather , (this is the 4" - perfect for cards!) the Travel Ticket, and the clear Pacolet file tab.
I started my card base with neutral papers from the Marigold Collection. I wanted a pop of color in my design - I decided on mint - so I added a small panel of mint striped vellum (this paper is called Blue Bells ). 
I repeated the mint color by adding a mint flair from the Cupid's Arrow pack, the mint Travel Ticket, and a sprinkle of mint enamel dots.
Pretty Little Studio has lots of clear sheets that you can use to accent your designs. It's magic how you can layer them over a pattern paper and see it peek through the clear layer.  The file tab on the right edge of my card with the word print is actually a clear sheet.  If you look close you can see the chevron print peeking through the words. 

I love adding doilies to my designs - there are several to choose from in the store. For this one I used half of a Cambridge 4" doily. I'll be saving the other half for another project - a great way to stretch your supplies! 
What a great reminder to take a time out for a road trip!   Summer's here!  No excuses!


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5”
Pretty Little Studio Products:
Paper | Marigold
Clear Shapes | Pacolet
Die | Frozen Feather 4”
Flair | Cupid’s Arrow
Doily | Cambridge 4”
Tickets | Define. Travel

7 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this, Jeanne! That feather is so fun and gorgeous!

Becca Cruger said...

Feathers and teal must be the theme of the day! Your card is so perfect with all its clean layers!

Kara Lynne said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love this color, it's so refreshing! Beautiful patterns in the feather!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is beautiful, Jeanne, I love the calming color palette!

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet card...love your beautiful feather!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this Jeanne!! The feather and your colors are so pretty!!

beth@beyondwhite.net said...

What a beautiful little piece of art! I'm a little confused - where is your clear sheet?