Friday, May 13, 2016

Time Out Challenge #56 - Floral Frame Hello


Looking for total eye candy?   You need to check out Time Out Challenges this time!  The inspiration is from Kay Miller and as if this beauty was not enough - you have to see all the beautiful cards from the design team and the players!  I think I could have spent all day snooping around there.  Thank goodness the doorbell rang or I think I would have lost half my day!   Seriously.. if you get time.. go check it out!

Kay is a master at water color - but you don't have to be to play along.  She's only got a few splashes here and there so no excuses.  We can all splash a little paint right?  LOL.. sounds easy enough.  I'll  be honest here friends..... maybe I CAN'T splash a little ink because I threw out 4 panels before this keeper.  First my splotches were too dark (I used my TIm Holtz WIlted Violet reinker and water - two drops was definitely TOO much!)  Next the spots were EVERYWHERE.  I'm talking to myself.. take it easy Jeanne - tap that brush lightly!  LOL


Totally happy with where it went after that.   I knew I wanted to use some WPlus9 flowers - I think they are my favorites.  Whenever I get a new stamp set I usually cut lots of flowers in different colors so I already had a big bag full of flowers ready to work with. 

I loved the pink and grey in Kay's design - but I love big color - so flowers in all different shades for me please.  I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but I'm not so big on mixing brands.  If I use WPlus9 stamps I want to use their dies too, and that worked out great because they had a little bit of everything I was looking for - from the frame to the die cut foliage.
No surprise I love bling either - so I glittered up the flowers, added some gem centers to others, and a sprinkle of clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh too!
I had lots of fun arranging the flowers and foliage - I think the frame works well with the colorful flowers because it's a neutral color - simple kraft paper.
I'm looking forward to see what you make - seriously .. to check it.. total eye candy I tell you!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | WPlus9 More Fresh Cuts, Sentiment from Fresh Cut Florals
Dies | WPlus9 Anastasia Tag, Under The Mistletoe, Banner Trio, More Fresh Cuts

15 comments:

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous colours for those lovely flowers! Fabulous card! xxx

Birgit said...

Wow Jeanne, this is BEAUTIFUL! I love the vivid colors you used and especially with the kraft frame. I too, am always too heavy handed when it comes to splattering. So glad you got it perfect!

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty and summery Jeanne! The colors are wonderful!

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Jeanne! Love the way all those colors pop on that white background, and your detailing is perfection! LOVE!

cm said...

BE-YOUUUUU-TI-FUL! A gorgeous 'big colour' translation of Kay's card that has me smiling with delight! Lovely florals, so artistically arranged...and that kraft frame is perfect! Splatters: well beyond my abilities! I have the new MFT Distress Patterns stamps set, so I'm in faux splatter and 'watercolour' splotches heaven!
Hugs~c

Donna said...

Seriously gorgeous :)
I bet you have a whale of a time on 'new stamp arrival day' at your house.
Lovely idea.... Spending time stamping flowers for hours :)
Have a lovely weekend... X

Sharron said...

You really made this your own with the gorgeous bright colors. LOVE it! The kraft frame looks wonderful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful

Shirley said...

Beautiful colorful card. Really nice card design as well.

Diane Jaquay said...

Excellent case of Kay, you nailed it! Your card is STUNNING, Jeanne!!!

Joyce said...

You totally got it right this time with the splotches, Jeanne. This is one colorful stunner. Love all those bright flowers and how you arranged them. I think that you did a phenomenal job CASEing Kay and also making it totally YOU. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out this week.

Maria said...

What a gorgeous card with all the pretty flowers!!!

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!! LOVE your CASE of Kay's card!! I love the colors of flowers and that you only use the same company on a card!! I have such a difficult time doing this, even when I try!! I am a mix and match girl!!

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful Jeanne..love all your pretty posies!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful!