Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Pretty Little Studio Madison Ballerina

I love introducing you to all the die cuts at Pretty Little Studio! Today it's time for you to meet Madison! Isn't she the sweetest little ballerina? When my daughter was young we wanted her to be all grace and elegance and enrolled her in a dance class. She was beautiful in her pink leotard and frilly tutu! Since this was a class for very young girls, as a teaching aide they had stickers on the floor where each of the girls was supposed to stand. Seeing that the instructor had things under control I removed myself to the viewing area. When I made it into the room I discovered several moms pointing and giggling as they looked through the window.. of course I had to look too. What did I see? My little angel, not listening to the instructor - she was preoccupied with peeling all the stickers off the floor!!! How embarrassing! LOL!
Maybe you have a little ballerina of your own! Isn't this the cutest Birthday card? I started with papers from the Marigold Collection, the grey, blush and garden print are gorgeous together - an elegant setting for your tiny dancer!
The journaling card behind Madison is from the Hollyhock set - it has a grey herringbone pattern with a scatter of butterflies in bright colors. They look like they are dancing around Madison! 
I wanted this layout to be very feminine so I added half of a 4" Cambridge doily behind the ballerina die cut. It looks like soft lace peeking out. I only used half because I didn't want to cover up the butterflies on the journaling card. This is a great way to stretch your supplies - I'm sure to use the other half of the doily on another project! 
I love adding details and embellishments to projects! The little details make any project look like you went the extra mile when you were making it. Using Pretty Little Studio products makes that so easy because many of the items are already printed and cut - ready to work with. A good examples are the Cat Mint Tab across the top of the journaling card, and the Sunset Beach Note Flag with the stamped sentiment. 
I wrapped twine around my card several times finishing with a simple bow. I adhered Madison with adhesive foam tape creating a void on the back of the die cut for the twine to pass through allowing the die to lay flat. 
I learned a good lesson at dance class - don't take life too seriously... sometimes it's better to just laugh and have fun!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5”
Pretty Little Studio Products:
Die Cut | Madison
Paper | Marigold Collection
Journal Cards | Marigold | Hollyhock
Tabs | Cat Mint
Doily: Cambridge 4”
Note Flags | Sunset Beach
Other:
Twinery Blossom Twine
Stamp | Sugar Pea Designs | Seaside Wishes
Die | Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is precious and so sweet!!

Donna said...

Very sweet. The butterflies are just so lovely, Jeanne. x

Kim Heggins said...

So sweet...just love your pretty ballerina.