Friday, May 6, 2016

TYIC#46 Gone Fishin

We're at the half way point of the latest challenge at Tag You're It! I hope you join us soon because time is running out! Check out this cute inspiration tag from Susan Wuthrich. That little gnome is adorable but if you look a little closer you'll see a textured stencil background that makes this an even bigger stand out!

So how did I turn this cute little gnome into a fuzzy bear?  Well .. I thought I'd spin it in a completely new direction.  I still have a cute little character, he's holding an offering, my sentiment is stamped on a shape and I still have a raised stencil background!  Ahhh.... ok right? LOL!

I'm not much of a camper, but being married to a Scoutmaster and having an Eagle in the house I've made LOTS and LOTS of camping related things.  I couldn't resist this cute bear!  I knew he was mine the minute I locked eyes on him.

I created the stencil background with the Gentle Wave Collage die from Poppystamps.  It's a background / reverse die.  So all I had to do was punch out the pieces, lay it over some card stock and spread on the light molding paste.  To get it blue I added a few drops of distress ink and mixed it up before the spreading. I wanted it to look like water so before it was set I covered it with some chunky glitter.
I didn't have a tag this shape - I just trimmed it to size to hold the bear and dog eared the corners.
I was thinking of my husband when I chose the sentiment from the set.  This would be his perfect day... a lake full of fish!
 I colored the fish with Copic Markers - Why they are Rainbow Trout of course!  LOL!  Some colorful Twinery twine in Maraschino to hold them up.  The red and white reminds me of bobbers.
Now I'm hoping you will play too - maybe you will spin it in a whole different direction?   Need a little inspiration?  Hop on over to the Tag You're It Challenge Blog and see what the rest of the team made!  









Supplies:
Stamps | Stampin' Up! Bear Hugs
Dies | Poppystamps Gentle Wave Collage, Stitched Landscapes | Stampin' Up Bear Hugs
Twinery Marachino Twine
Twisted Burlap | May Arts  
Martha Stewart Coarse Gliter

4 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

What a fun and fabulous tag...just love that sweet bear and all those yummy looking fish.

Tracey McNeely said...

I love your tag and this bear is so cute!!

cm said...

A 'furry' bear, rainbow trout, glittery waves AND a marvelous sentiment for the fisherman in your life! Doesn't get any better than that! Love your tag!
Hugs~c

Sharron said...

Such an adorable, sweet card! Love your bear and those fun fish!