Monday, May 16, 2016

SFYTT#36 Lucky Me to Have YOU!

It's no secret I'm a big fan of Reverse Confetti!  I love to join their Sketch for You to Try every month!  I love that I can see designs from fans like me - and get inspiration for other clever ways to use my RC supplies!   It's a great way for me to add to my card stash too! 
Here's the sketch for this month - looks a little tricky doesn't it?  I admit I was a little hung up on the strip on the right having a break in it - but I found an easy fix.. wrapping some twine around the bottom of my card.  I hope that counts! LOL!   It breaks up the strip  nicely!

I love this sentiment!!  I feel so blessed to have sweet friends that are willing to listen, give advice, and make make me smile when I need it.  A friend that nice deserves a special thank you don't you think? 

I love a collage type card - it's a great way to add different elements to a design that might not be related to the subject matter - like that gold arrow.  It's just a lovely accent to help frame the sentiment and draw your eye down the card. 
I usually gravitate to bright bold colors, but I really love the neutrals on this one.  I got a few new packs of pattern paper and couldn't wait to dig in.  The first thing I do is start matching color and pattern combinations that I really like   I love this brown floral with the word print paper.

The scalloped frame the sentiment is sitting on is cut from kraft card stock.  When I set it on the background papers that are wood grain and brown print it looked lost.   To make it pop I cut a second scallop frame from dark chocolate paper, and slid it underneath just having the edges peek out.   It's enough to make the tag pop and the color is repeated again on the foliage.


The flowers stamped in Grapefruit and Flamingo look beautiful with the neutral papers.  I added a sprinkle of gold sequins around the flowers to repeat the gold in the die cut arrow. 
 Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great week!  


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti A Friend Like You, Love Blooms
Die | Reverse Confetti Arrow, Love Blooms, Class Act, Love Note
Pattern Paper | Pebbles DIY Home 6"
Twinery Cappuccino Twine
Gold Sequins Pretty Pink Posh

8 comments:

Marybeth said...

Awesome layers and I love the soft pinks with the kraft! Hope you are having fun!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a fabulous card Jeanne!

jan metcalf said...

Love this card!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Excellent, creative take on the sketch, Jeanne, LOVE this!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

you are rocking the reverse confetti, wow!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful take on the sketch, Jeanne! You'd be a winner for sure if it wasn't just luck of the draw :(. Love the pinks and krafts, and that glitter arrow is perfection!

~amy~ said...

Sigh, absolutely GORGEOUS!

Kathy said...

So beautiful! Love the various papers, those lovely flowers and a gold arrow...we don't see the Arrow often, but I like it, and use mine frequently. Such a neat card!