Tuesday, May 31, 2016

CASual Fridays Breathe

I'm having fun playing with my CASual Friday's Stamps today!  Today I'm working with the Breathe stamp set!    This set is awesome  you get two borders to make backgrounds or underline sentiments.  I used the brush stroke stamp from the set today.

I inked up the brush stroke stamp with distress inks, spritzed them with water and then stamped on watercolor paper.  The colors I used were Candied Apple, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Shabby Shutters, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet and Seedless Preserves. I used my Misti tool to get the stampes lined up perfectly.

I'm seriously addicted to bling so when I saw the Fun-Fetti Fri Die I knew it was just the thing for me.  This die set has little stars, hearts, circles and flowers that you can use to sprinkle on any project!  I used the stars (in two sizes!!) cut from gold foil paper. 
I attached the front panel to the card base with a sheet of craft foam in between.  I love the layered look and dimension it adds to the card.
Sometimes watercolor paper is hard to stamp on because it's not completely smooth.  If you have a Misti tool you can double stamp to get a clear impression.  

Want to go shopping?  Click here to jump to the store!



 Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day! 






Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | CASual Fridays Breathe
Dies | CASual Fridays Fun-Fetti Fri Die
Ranger Distress Ink
Canson XL Watercolor Paper

5 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

I love this, Jeanne! Even with the colors you used (which I love), this reminds me of a flag with the stars and stripes! Beautiful work!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful card Jeanne! Love the colored stripes you have on this one!

Joyce said...

What a fantastic card. Love your rainbow of stripes. And, a good reminder, too.

laurie said...

So creative I love your fun stripes of color, and what a great sentiment!

Sharron said...

Love the movement this stripe stamp creates! And anything with rainbows has to be fabulous!