Wednesday, May 18, 2016

SPDSS54 - Hello Friend!

I hope you're having a great day ! I'm really enjoying watching the yard come to life. Every day I step outside and there is something new to see from flowers to birds on the feeders. My son's not too crazy about having to cut the grass again - but at least he's earning his keep! LOL!!

Happy Wednesday! You know what that means right? Time for a new challenge at Sugar Pea Designs! There's one sweet prize up for grabs and who wouldn't want to win this?


The rules are very simple…
  • Create a new card or project using the sketch provided.
  • SugarPea Designs stamps are NOT required to play along or to win but would be appreciated
  • You may rotate/flip the sketch & replace shapes – so long as the original sketch layout is recognizable.
  • Upload to your blog or other Online Gallery using Keyword: SPDSS54 so that we may check out your beautiful work.
  • Add your name and link to your project in the InLinkz shown below.
  • One randomly selected winner will receive a $25 Gift Certificate to the SugarPea Designs store. However, if the winning entry features a SugarPea Designs stamp we will increase the prize to $75!
  • We will announce our Sweet Picks and our Main Winner at the end of each month.
  • The more times you play along during the month, the better chance you have of winning!


Here's the sketch for this week...


Lots of possibilities right? My mind immediately gravitated toward the Funky Wreath and Spring Addition. The new matching die cuts for the flowers make this even more fun to work with!

Whenever I get a new set of stamps and dies I cut and stamp loads of flowers in different colors. I'm feeling citrus colors lately - hence the orange and lemon!




I stamped the wreath in brown and then added lots of branches and leaves in different shades of green and a few berries in pink.  I topped the branches with die cut flowers.
I added some pink and orange polka dot pattern paper across the bottom of the page and topped it with a die cut border from Pretty Pink Posh.  Some Twinery Mandarin Twine topped with a shiny button give this a bit of a homespun feel. 

Turn to the left, now turn to the right!! LOL - couldn't resist one last photo!

Need a little more inspiration? Check out creations from the challenge design team. Just click on their name to jump to their blog!


Ready to play? Click here to jump to the blog - you can always find the challenge by clicking the badge in the right column.



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Sugar Pea Designs Funky Wreath All Seasons,   Funky Wreath Spring Addition
Dies | Sugar Pea Designs Funky Wreath Spring | Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders 4 | MFT Fishtail Flags
The Twinery Mandarin Twine
Pattern Paper | Basic Grey "Typeset" 12"

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

So beautiful!

I Card Everyone said...

Be still my orange-loving heart! WOW!!! enough said... xx
=]

crucibelle said...

Jeanne,

Yet another perfect card from you. I think your 'design mind' must work a lot like my own -- because I just love your card layout choices, colour choices, and all the details. You have so many gorgeous cards. You are a huge inspiration to me! :) Thank you!

LauraJane:) said...

Such pretty orange and yellow blooms! I'm excited to finally get a chance to play with the spring set:)

Craftychris said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love the gorgeous colours! xxx

Nora Noll said...

Okay, this card is so fabulous!! I LOVE the orange!! It is one of my favorite colors and makes me so happy!!! GREAT design!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness Jeanne, this oozes summer!! What a pretty wreath and incredible warm colors!!

Donna said...

Love this stamp set, Jeanne. Every card you have made with it has been a real winner. Love the pink accents. X

lecardonbleu.com said...

Wowzers!!! I LOVE this card, Jeanne!!!

Karen Day said...

What a gorgeous take on the sketch!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, my gracious, Jeanne, I'm in love with this wreath! So bright and happy and full of fun! Great palette, love!

Sharron said...

That is such an awesome wreath and I think this is my favorite design with it. Love the flowers and the gorgeous colors!

Karren said...

Gorgeous, summery card! I just got the dies for this set last week so looking forward to using both the set and dies soon!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

You never fail to WoW me, Jeanne! This is stunning, and looking a wee bit like mine this week, too! Great minds...

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

So bright and fun!!