Monday, May 23, 2016

Of Thee I Sing

Memorial Day is creeping up fast and we're feeling patriotic at The Twinery this week! Memorial Day always means the start of summer here! The kids are getting out of school and the home town festivals and carnivals are already beginning. Don't forget to honor those who serve and remember those who have done their service for this country of ours.

This card is fresh and fun and really easy to make. I started with a white card base and then cut a navy panel slighty smaller. Next I cut an even smaller panel of white card stock. I stamped it with a sentiment and lines of music in light blue and pink. Then I added some splashes of watered down dye ink and smooshed the corners of the paper with the ink that was left. When it was dry I added some die cut stars.

Then I flipped the panel over and put some double sided tape around one of the die cut star openings. I cut lengths of Twinery Firecracker Twine and filled the opening.

Next I added some adhesive foam tape in all the solid spaces of the card so that when I attach it to the card base this panel will be raised - you can't feel or see where the twine is under the panel.

The die cut openings allow the dark navy panel and Twinery Twine to peek through. This adds texture and interest to the card and was easy right? The finishing touch is a sprinkle of bitty gold stars!
Have a great day!!

Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Twinery Firecracker Twine
Stamps| Taylored Expressions Of Thee I Sing
Die |  Poppystamps 1308 Stitched Star Cutouts

7 comments:

KimCreate said...

Jeana, I love this card! Love how you used the twine, made the star die cuts and used the music stamp in the background! So patriotic!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is absolutely wonderful. I love the music in the background and the smooshing over it. The navy pops and the twine looks fantastic adding interest and texture. Love the sentiment. Really great card.

Tracey McNeely said...

The firecracker twine star is fantastic!

Kara Lynne said...

That's a great way to showcase that patriotic twine, Jeanne! I love your sentiment and the scattering of the stars.

Lisa Elton said...

Love your twine star Jeanne, clever design!!

Joan Smith said...

OMG What a Gorgeous Card definitely deserves a WOW!! I'm awestruck with what you created!! Your background is so beautiful and love your cool, clever and oh so creative idea for the Trendy Twine Your Star look Amazing....WOW You so did a super outstanding creative job!! YOU SO ROCK!!

Sharron said...

Love all the texture and interest you've created! The watercoloring and addition of stamped music looks great while still keeping a one layer look. The twine is a great idea!