Thursday, January 6, 2022

January Countdown to Confetti Day 2
Poppies

It's Day 2 in the Countdown to Confetti January Release. January 5-7 we're showing peeks of the new release that will be available for purchase on January 8. On January 8 we'll celebrate with a blog hop and share even more great ideas for these great products.


Today we're sharing Poppies! This is a triple bloom floral that is multi stamped. There is one outline die and three layers for the flowers and two for the leaves. I've inked them in lots of colors and each one is prettier than the next so no worries!

My first card starts with the Open Drop Cover panel that I inked with Distress Ink. I left the frame completely white so it pops against the pretty blue.

I arranged the florals along the top and bottom of the panel and adhered a sentiment in the center. I love friendship messages - those are the ones I reach for the most.

I stamped these florals in pinks and oranges. I stamped the variegated leaves in different shades of green to add some interest. The florals are adhered with adhesive foam tape to add dimension to the design.
On my second card I created a background of poppies in yellow and pink. It's like summer sunshine. The images are adhered on a Stitched Daisies cover panel.
When I was happy with their placement I adhered them flat to the background and then trimmed the edges. Some of the cut off pieces were used to fill in some of the smaller areas along the edges so very little went to waste.

The background is topped with a Layered Lots of Love Sentiment. I didn't want to cover up that pretty background so I cut the large background layer from vellum. This allows you to see the flowers underneath and still allows the sentiment to take center stage.

The flowers are really easy to stamp - the stamp layers allow you to stamp all three flowers at the same time so it goes quickly. The striped lines on the leaves are very forgiving and I free stamped them all just aligning them by site.

The Lots of Love was double cut from dark and light cardstock and adhered at a slight offset to add a little interest.

I love that stitched daisy design peeking through on the panel.
Are you ready to see more designs created with the new Poppies? Here's a complete list of designers with projects to share today!


I hope you'll stop by tomorrow to see the new Hello Daisy stamp set! 




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Poppies
Dies | Reverse Confetti Poppies, Open Drop Cover

Stamps | Reverse Confetti Poppies
Dies | Reverse Confetti Poppies, Stitched Daisies Cover Panel, Layered Lots of Love

RC = Reverse Confetti
SSS = Simon Says Stamp

Big Heart Sentiments
Big Heart Sentiments

RC | SSS
Big Heart Sentiments CC
Big Heart Sentiments CC

RC | SSS
Hello Daisy
Hello Daisy

RC | SSS
Hello Daisy CC
Hello Daisy CC

RC | SSS
Large Circle of Hearts
Large Circle of Hearts

RC | SSS
Layered Lots of Love
Layered Lots of Love

RC | SSS
Love Bugs
Love Bugs

RC | SSS
Love Bugs CC
Love Bugs CC

RC | SSS
Lovely Tag
Lovely Tag

RC | SSS
Poppies
Poppies

RC | SSS
Poppies CC
Poppies CC

RC | SSS
Postal Cover
Postal Cover

RC | SSS
Stitched Daisies
Stitched Daisies

RC | SSS
Valentine Sentiments
Valentine Sentiments

RC | SSS

14 comments:

~amy~ said...

Jeanne, these are amazing.

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love the BRIGHT BLUE and the bold yellow sentiment!!!!!!!!!

Anita said...

So pretty!

Macimbalo said...

Such bright vivid colors! So pretty!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love that blue background.
The rays pouring out made
a fun statement. Great
card. thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Christine said...

The bright colors are so pretty and refreshing, and I really like that cover panel!

Denise Bryant said...

Love your bright colors with these fun poppies! Pretty cards!

Becca Yahrling said...

So pretty and I love how cheerful it is to visit your projects. ;-)

Lisa Elton said...

These are so uplifting!! Full of happiness, Jeanne!

Carmela said...

Jeanne! Love your pretty cards and the tropical feel!

Alexandra Y said...

So beautiful! I love the bright blue!

sharon g said...

How very pretty your colors are. I'm loving the BRIGHT look.

Sue D said...

Fabulous card designs. I like the cheery colors.

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Hola, Jeanne! Girl, these are gorgeous! I love the blue one best! So happy! Warm hugs to you and Miss Moriko! ☺☺☺ mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com