Thursday, January 6, 2022

Fusion Challenge - New Year!

Hi friends! I hope you're having a great day! Our holiday hiatus is over at Fusion Challenge and we're back with our first challenge of 2022. I've been pretty sick with covid.. still not 100% here, but more grateful than ever for all the little things. I missed the Christmas holiday with my family and new years too.. looking forward to better days when we can raise a glass and toast good health together. Soon I hope! For now I'm taking it one day at a time.

I hope you'll join me at Fusion Card Challenge. It's a great place to play and you'll love this challenge because there are three ways to play.. you can play along with the sketch, be inspired by the photo, or FUSE them together and play with BOTH!
I'm always first drawn to the inspiration photo. This time I spy a gorgeous gold bokeh background with a champagne flute taking center stage. I tried lots of different bokeh stamping techniques and just ran out of time before I could find something that looked good to me. Maybe you're an old pro at this technique? Or Maybe the photo isn't inspiring you either? That's ok.. you can still play along with the sketch. If you're really feeling clever you can fuse them both together.
For the bokeh dots I turned to a pack of multi size gold sequins and poured them into an Infinity Shaker Cover. I hope the different sized sequins give the same illusion on the black background.
Yep that's a whole lot of gold shakin goin on! I topped the assembled panel with a Creative Expressions Champagne Edger die. This big die makes cardmaking a snap because it takes up the entire card.
I love that you can see all the gold on the inside all the way to the cards edges and it lays pretty flat compared to a traditional shaker.
Now it's your turn! I can't wait to see how you interpret the inspiration photo OR the sketch. Maybe you need a little more inspiration? Check out designs from the rest of the team. Just click on their names below to jump to their blogs.


I hope I see you at Fusion Card Challenge! It's a great place to play and make new friends! I'm always inspired by the team as well as the linked up designs!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies | Creative Expressions
Shaker Infinity Cover Waffle Flower


SCB = Scrapbook Dot Com
WF = Waffle Flower

Champagne Edger
Champagne Edger
Shop at:
SCB
Infinity Shaker
Infinity Shaker
Shop at:
SCB | WF

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

So sorry you have had Covid - glad you are recovering ok! Meanwhile you keep creating these beautiful cards! Love this elegant and festive card!

Lisa Elton said...

Great shaker, Jeanne!

Tristan said...

So clever making a shaker card to look like the inspiration photo Jeanne. Fabulous.

ElizStewart said...

Jeanne... I hope you are feeling better. I am sorry to hear you caught the "bug". Can't believe you still have the energy to make cards. I LOVE this card and how you handled this particular die. I was joining to use this die for the challenge but will try something else. Please take care.