Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Believe in the Magic

Hi Friends! I hope you're having a great day! I'm having trouble packing up all the Christmas decorations.. I guess I'm just not ready to put away all those treasures I've collected over the year and turn away from a room that's festive and bright. More than anything I treasure cards from family and friends. Since COVID it's been hard to keep in touch and family get togethers have been limited to weddings and funerals. The cards with personal notes are like a visit that I've been longing for.

My card today was made with the Tis the Season collection from Pretty Little Studio. I'm happy to be ahead of the game for 2022 because when December rolls around, making cards will be the last thing on my mind.

My card starts with the foundation of two frames set inside each other and layered over Christmas Tree Paper. The frames make the perfect focal point for the snow globe and holiday greenery.

A scallop border is added along the left side of the frames and a tab with a sticker sentiment is added along the top of the frames. If you look close you'll see that some of the images are added with adhesive foam tape to add some dimension to the card.

I'm going to miss the bright twinkle lights and glitter and shine of Christmas past, but it gives me so much to look forward to with a better holiday in this new year!

Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Pretty Little Studio

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

I miss those family gatherings too, Jeanne. This sweet card of yours is sure to bring a smile to one of your family members faces!