Thursday, October 19, 2017

Pretty Little Studio - Spooky Spider

I confess I am completely addicted to the Pretty Little Studio Goosebumps Collection. Halloween is my favorite holiday and this set is my absolute favorite this year! I love the fresh take on the traditional orange and black. The addition of navy and baby blue are stunning along with the cool prints.
I usually start a card by deciding what images I want to work with. For this one I focused on the large spider, and web die cuts from Spooktastic and "Spooky" sentiment from Thriller. I lay these on a piece of clear plastic the same size as a card base and experiment with what papers to put behind the images. I look for contrast and colors that compliment the images.
Next for embellishing the layout. I added some Scaredy Cat Cut Apart Circles. These are 1" circles printed 15 on a sheet that you cut out with a hole punch. The card stock is a nice weight, easy enough to punch, but still strong enough to hold it's own when adhered with adhesive foam tape. The repeated spider web pattern in the spider, and all the word die cuts helps tie the images together.
Costume Party word stickers are easy to incorporate into any design you make with the collection. The sheet includes 46 different sentiments in an assortment of colors that match the collection perfectly.
This collection is so fun and festive that the card itself will make a nice decoration for the recipient to display! I hope you make something beautiful today!





Finished Size: 4.25 x 5.5"
Pretty Little Studio Products
Paper | Goosebumps Collection
Die Cuts | Spooktastic, Thriller
Cut Aparts | Scaredy Cat
Sticker | Costume Party Word
Sequins | Crystal 4mm, Crystal Snow

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a cool Halloween card Jeanne! Love your colors and design!