Monday, October 2, 2017

CAS-ual Fridays 5th Birthday!

YES!  You're seeing PINK!  It's CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 5th Birthday! October is also Breast Cancer Awareness month.. a subject close to  CAS-ual Fridays Stamps owner and creator Michele because she is a survivor.  So to celebrate AND to remind you to get your annual check up and do your monthly examinations she's turning the blog PINK!   So I thought I'd make a pink inspired birthday card for this special occasion!  Another reason to celebrate?  A new release (Peeks start on October 18)!

I started by stamping the Happy Birthday sentiment from So Pretty in the center of a white card stock panel.  Next I started stamping florals from Pretty Posies along the outer edge of the panel.

Next I created a mask for the flowers with a post it note and randomly added leaves throughout the design.

I was so tempted to ink up the edges and splatter this with pink ink.. but decided that clean with a few pink enamel dots would be more striking! 

I hope you like it! Check out the CAS-Fridays Stamps blog for birthday designs throughout the month.

Want to go shopping? If you see something you like I hope you will use my special discount code. Any commission that would normally go to me for your purchase has been redirected to CASual Fridays to use toward Breast Cancer Awareness and Research. I accept no commission for the use of products on my blog and only use and endorse products that I love and would recommend. Here's a link to the CASual Fridays Stamps Store.



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | CASual Fridays So Pretty (Sentiment), Pretty Posies

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely card Jeanne!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

I love this bright monochromatic card ! So lovely !

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That's a great card !! I love the monochromatic look.