Saturday, November 2, 2019

The Card Concept - Bountiful Blessings

Thanks for stopping by! Today I'm playing along at The Card Concept! I saw this gorgeous photo inspiration and I just couldn't resist playing along. It was easy to loose myself in the scenery - a beautiful fall porch scene.
My front door looks no where near this one that could easily be featured in Better Homes and Gardens or Martha Stewart Living... but we always decorate with corn stalks, hay, gourds and mums. 
After studying the photo a little more it dawned on me that what really made the colors pop was the neutral colorless background. I tried to duplicate that effect on my card by layering lots of neutral papers and topping them with colorful fall foliage. 
The Small Stitched Foliage is from Pretty Pink Posh. I die cut them from white card stock and inked them with distress ink. The pumpkin is colored with Copic Markers to get a clean look where the stem meets the pumpkin. The foliage is framed with a scalloped circle die cut. 
The sentiment is from the Giving Thanks stamp set, and the border dies are also from Pretty Pink Posh. The finishing touch is always a sprinkle of something shiny.. this time I've added some Metallic Rose Gold Jewels. 
I love how the color pops! Oh yes! And I've decided to classify my style here as Clean and Layered!

You'll see this inspiration photo interpreted in several different styles here on The Card Concept blog.



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Pretty Pink Posh Giving Thanks
Dies | Pretty Pink Posh Small Stitched Foliage, Scallop Circles, stitched Labels One, Stitched Borders One
Jewels | Pretty Pink Posh Metallic Rose Gold Jewels
Pattern Paper | Pink Paislee Outfitters 6"


Giving Thanks
Giving Thanks

PPP
Small Stitched Foliage
Small Stitched Foliage

PPP | SSS
Scallop Circles
Scallop Circles

PPP
Stitched Labels 1
Stitched Labels 1

PPP
Stitched Borders 1
Stitched Borders 1

PPP
Metallic Rose Gold Jewels
Metallic Rose Gold Jewels

PPP
Copic Markers
Copic Markers

DB

3 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning....love all your beautiful pumpkins.

papercraftgoddess said...

OH OH OH I love watercolor and copics!!! What a gorgeous job you've done! Brings me peace just looking at it. Marvelous...simply marvelous!!! You should be so proud! xoxoxo

Marcie Sharp said...

Fabulous clean and layered card! I love how you perfectly captured the pops of fall colours against the neutral background. Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept.