Saturday, November 16, 2019

Momenta Poinsettia Embossing Folder and Dies


Hi friends! I hope you're having a great day! I'm working on Christmas cards made with my latest haul from Hobby Lobby. If you haven't looked at their selection of Momenta dies, stamps and embossing folders in a while it's time you give them another visit! 

I got this beautiful poinsettia covered embossing folder and die cut combo - the set includes 8 pieces. It's been a while since I played with embossing folders. I have quite a collection but they've sort of taken a back seat lately. This beauty convinced me that it was time to revisit them using different techniques. 
I inked up the embossing folder with dye ink before running it with white card stock through my die cut machine. The ink goes on the side that's printed with the folder's image. I experimented with different inks and preferred the look of dye ink over others. It's important that you are generous with the application of the ink and get a good even pressure running it through your die cut machine slowly. I used little cube inks so I could get an ombre look using four different shades of ink. 
All of the die cuts you see here were also included in the pack with the embossing folder. I double cut the sentiment with gold glitter paper and white card stock and adhered them at a slight offset to add some sparkle and shine. I also added some gems from my stash because a little sparkle is always welcome during the holidays. 
You'll find lots of beautiful Momenta dies, stamps and embossing folders ready for your holiday cards at your local Hobby Lobby. They're affordably priced and YES! you can use your store coupon! SCORE!



Finished size 4.25 x 5.5"
Momenta Embossing Folder and Die Set 6461A

1 comment:

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE the gradient background. It looks amazing!!