Wednesday, November 27, 2019

SugarPea Designs Mix It Up Challenge - Hey Winter!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you're having a great day! I know lots of us are super busy this week with Thanksgiving. Today I'm baking up a storm.. pumpkin pie, and apple pie.. and prepping anything I can get done ahead of time for the big feast! 
When I'm tired of standing and washing dishes I'll take a break and do some crafting. It helps me unwind and relax. If you need a little "down time" too you should check out the SugarPea Designs challenge! There are three different ways you can play.. use the photo for inspiration, follow the sketch or work with the color swatches. 
I was inspired by the colors.. the pretty greens and neutrals morphed into a forest winter scene with the Hey Winter bear taking center stage. I think he's adorable. I love that I can deck him out in a warm sweater and fun cap. I used a razor knife to cut the outline of his paw so I could tuck a candy cane in there. 
The background is inky swoops created with the border die in the Card Front Element Builder set. I used it as a mask to ink the hills. I started by inking a white card panel with light green ink (Twisted Citron) and then inking the hills with a darker shade (Mowed Lawn).
I added lots of pine trees and a bitty Zig Zag Stitched Circle sunshine. A few sparkling clear sequins float through the air as the snow begins to fall. 
I sure hope you'll join me over at SugarPea Designs blog. You could win a $50 gift certificate to the store just for linking up your design, and seriously.. who couldn't use that about now?



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Sugar Pea Designs Hey Winter
Dies | Sugar Pea Designs Hey Winter, Card Front Element Builder, Zig Zag Stitched Circles


Hey Winter
Hey Winter

SPD | SSS
Hey Winter SC
Hey Winter SC

SPD | SSS
Card Front Element Builder
Card Front Element Builder

SPD | SSS
Zig Zag Stitched Circles
Zig Zag Stitched Circles

SPD | SSS

No comments: